Tip for great guests review. It really works!

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

Tip for great guests review. It really works!

I have something like a small school blackboard. Prior guest arrival I write something as "welcome to my city" on language where the guest comes (google translate works just fine). I also draw the symbol of the city or the country where they come from. For example, if guests arrive from Paris I draw the Eiffel Tower, if guests are from New Zealand kiwi bird draw:). Guests are really happy and impressed with the attention.

You like it?

32 Replies 32
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

Wow what a great idea. While I live over 5 hours from my listing. I will start welcoming international guests in in their own language. Say "¡Disfruta de tus vacaciones! / ¡Pásala bien en tus vacaciones! (Enjoy your holiday!)"

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Can someone post a listing or link of how to spell that in various languages? I don't want to be like Hillary with the Russian Reset button that really meant something else, I think it was "over-charged", definitely not a word you want to convey to guests. 

Valerie87
Level 1
Comox, Canada

I also have my back splash in the kitchen as a chalk board and always write a welcome note .

great tip .

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

I like this blackboard idea, thanks !

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great tip @Blagoje0 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Great idea.

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

And if you have guests from South Korea, as I have had, it is enough to write a Korean "Hi!" because everything else is too difficult to write 🙂

Melane-0
Level 2
Baywood-Los Osos, CA

From day one I have had a small chalk board outside the room and I always write Welcom (guests name here)!

It never fails, I'll be chatting with the guests and one or the other of them will noticetheir name on the board and immediately stare smileing and going "look look, my name!" People love to see their name written when they don't expect it. 

So, if a pair of people book and they tell me 'My husband & I..." I always ask what their husbands nam is. 

Once though, I only wrote "WELCOME Sally & Sally's Husband!" The guests got just as big a kick out of that too. The husband was such a good sport, he called himself Sally's husband all weekend long.

I've done that too when guests don't tell you the name of their traveling companion. I usually get replies when people RSVP in advance, but sometimes those instantbookers show up 3 hours after booking and haven't responded to any of the questions they were asked.

Leela5
Level 1
Alappuzha, India

It's a great idea welcoming guests  in this way.There is a lot of personal touch in it

MicheleandLouw0
Level 10
Maun, Botswana

I put a littele welcome card with a small chocolate on the bed. On it it says Welcome and also Dumela! -  the local word to greet someone. And then in smaller font  the wifi code and my cell number

Love that  one !

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Blagoje0   @Helen3 I think the main reason I don't write or draw something is I would mess it up and it may end up to be insulting! 

If my guest was a Parisian I would probably have the Eiffel Tower looking more like Stonehenge!!!!

Instead I leave it to the computer and end up with this welcome...

IMG_6388.jpg

They are all great ideas tho'. Anything that makes the guest feel welcome and truly wanted has to be a good thing.

Thanks Blagoje for bring it up! Cheers....Rob

Anisha0
Level 3
Mumbai, India

Great tip! Does work pretty well indeed. I do too write a hello in the the local language of my arriving guest. It comes across as a very warm and personal welcome, and shows how enthusiastic the host is.