Toilet Flush Sign ... What do you have?

Answered!

Toilet Flush Sign ... What do you have?

I've just spent 1.5 hours trying to snake the drain and having to pay /way/ too much for a plumber to clear the main drain line because a guest flushed a "funshable" or bably wipe ...

Now that it's done, I'm buying a power snake & putting up a sign, but I'm not sure what have the sign say.

Do you have a sign telling guests what is acceptable to flush? If so, what does it say?

I'm debating between something quirky like "Don't believe the hype ... there's no such thing as a flushable wipe!"

... or something funny like a sign with "Please Don't Flush", followed by a list of things including wipes, tampons, napkins, hopes & dreams, etc. 

... or something a little bland, like "Dear Guests, Help us avoid plumbing backups. Please dispose of napkins, tampons, baby wipes, and any other wipe in the trash. Thank you."

Thoughts?

1 Best Answer

@Elizabeth516

I just have a simple 

"ONLY TOILET PAPER IN THE TOILET"

"Wipes, sanitary pads, Q-tips, paper towels, cotton pads etc. WILL CLOG THE TOILET" 

posted in the bathroom where guests can't miss it 🙂

And I tell them with a smile that since it is a private bathroom used by the guest only, the guest will be held responsible and charged for any plumbing issues that occur during or immediately after their stay. (This is also covered in my house rules) 

View Best Answer in original post

40 Replies 40
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Elizabeth516 ,

Maybe a sticker will do the job, i got one from the waste water treatment company, including a leaflet.

Google words "sticker toilet not to flush" (results are also a source of inspiration for a home made text)

BTW Maybe a lot of hosts want this sticker too: https://www.sittopee.info/index.php?ID=35

Best,Emiel

@Emiel1oh yeah..."sit to pee" will go over real big! :-]

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Emiel

@Cathy172

Or a recent sign seen:

Gentlemen ... A Polite request

To remember to sit down to relieve

As

I am too old to be on my hands and knees
to clean up mis-directed pee

So contemplate the universe and the meaning to achieve,
Give your feet a rest and sit to relieve

I have been looking at some of those ... that's where I got the first two ideas I'm thinking about! One thing I do want my sign to be clear about is wipes. This is the second time I've pulled a wipe out of the drain line.

I'm also just curious what other hosts are doing/using 🙂

My house info regarding toilet states "#1 #2 & TP only". Think I will make a cute sign and hang it over the toilet. I paid $150.00 last summer to unclog. This year I will get my own toilet snake. Plumber suggests sticking to 1-ply TP, explaining that in cast iron pipes (which I have) TP is more likely to stick and wad up. Hate 1-ply TP! Besides cast iron pipes I have a septic system to protect.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I like it! One thing I do want my sign to be clear about is baby & 'flushable' wipes, but it's a great sign

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Elizabeth516 @Branka-and-Silvia0

Ok Elizabeth, how about this version then!!

Cheers.....Rob

Flushing sign 2.jpg 

Perfect!

Still needs flushable wipes put in. I just spent $625 on septic cleaning because of them.

I have signs:

Roses are Red

Violets are Blue

Please only flush: pee, paper & poo.

(Author Unknown)

..but in Dominican Republic, paper is not flushable either. Going to use this but cut off the bit about toilet paper.

Hi! Is there a way to download and print this? Thank you so much!

Hello Branka,

I really like your drawing. It is very informative and attractive. Could you send it in a bit higher resolution/size format, please? Let me know if any loyalty fee or price is applied.

Thankfully, Denes