Toilet brush

Shea5
Level 2
Gloucester, United Kingdom

Toilet brush

Hi

I have nearly completed a year as a host and I have had 3 people ask me for toilet brushes in my bathrooms in that time. I absolutely hate toilet brushes because I feel they so unhygenic. In fact I use disposable duck brushes to clean all toilets inb my properties. I really dont believe for one minute that guests want to clean my toilets with a brush. I can only think that a guest wants them to break down a deposit because its a bit too big for the first flush. So I think they would just use it like a poker and then put it back. That has got to be the most disgusting thing. Am I the only one who thinks this? Is there an alternative? Should I explain? What do you do? 

24 Replies 24

@Shea5 @Elena1273 @Branka-and-Silvia0 

Henry recently bought a silicone toilet brush and it's not really a *brush* more like a squeegee on a handle so it's great!

https://pin.it/5bmglql6q3tzfd

While I was writing this one.... I clicked on "post" by mistake...... but it seemed like the post just kinda disappeared!!!!!!!

So I posted again (the one below) and now all of a sudden the post that dissapeared suddenly shows up again?!?!?!? 

Seems like the CC is still buggy from the update~

Cc: @Airbnb 

@Shea5 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Elena1273 @Ria16 @Jill2 @Robin4 

We (meaning Henry~ lol) recently got silicone toilet brushes which are actually more like a squeegee on a handle. Way~ more sanitary than the brush-type things which I totally abhorred!!!

https://pin.it/5bmglql6q3tzfd

We have the wall-mounted type which Henry attached to the side of the toilet. 

Thank you guys! Oh yes those sound better. I've just looked them up and they certainly look like the best option. 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Another alternative @Shea5 is to have a separate higher pressure water spray. Used in many countries like a bidet and great for cleaning nappies and toilet bowls! With the higher pressure. Cleaners still need the brush, but these if used straight after the “event”, should assist a keen guest to dispose of the deed! 

6BEFC5CC-5677-46C5-9F74-85E3188328F7.jpeg

Shea5
Level 2
Gloucester, United Kingdom

Certainly a better alternative. Thanks

Ale113
Level 10
Barcelona, Spain

IMG-20190524-WA0014.jpg

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Shea5 I agree about toilet brushes. Revolting.

Dear Shea5,

Sorry it’s taken so long. But now there is something: The Lubeka. No bristles no lumpy rubber bits - nothing to harbour ‘dirt’. Super clean super hygienic and super useful to spare the blushes of a young couple having their first break away together. I designed it with people like you (and me) in mind. The very first Lubeka have just arrived. Expensive but they will never need replacing. Have a Google.

Kind Regards,

Ken

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I love being able to leave a clean toilet by whatever means. But I'd rather have a brush than a plastic glove. I see no problems with brushes at all.