Tokeet - the channel manager that will corrupt your bookings and abandon you when you have a problem

Hugh0
Level 10
Sydney, Australia

Tokeet - the channel manager that will corrupt your bookings and abandon you when you have a problem

So, a few weeks ago I subscribed to a channel manager called Tokeet. I wanted to try other channels for my listings.

I have five apartment listings, have hosted over 1500 happy trips and have over 900 reviews.

I chose a channel manager called Tokeet. It promised to be simple and reliable. Unfortunately, nothing could be further from the case.

Starting on Tokeet is a bit like setting up a modem. Despite the fact we have little information to input besides our calendar URLS, Tokeet manages to make the process extremely difficult. Checking the connections, checking your rates and any other form of checking is extremely difficult. Nothing is intuitive or user friendly. No simple stoplight sort of GUI that lets you know how you got on. No report you can print to check all the settings between the listings and the channels. Nothing user friendly. Just drill down, trial and error, trial and error - then repeat. Expect trouble.

I also recommend that you do not subscribe for a year. You won't be refunded and you won't want to use it after your bookings have been corrupted.

So, I climbed the steep learning curve and got it to work. Hours and hours invested in learning how they want to do things, not how a user might expect to find things - a good example is the app - it does not even default to the current date so you can check what is happening today. I accepted these limitations and trained myself to use it......then yesterday happened.

Yesterday I was expecting a guest for, lets say Apartment A. The booking was in Tokeet. My housekeeper used the app to tell her which apartment to make up. We stocked the Apartment. Then, when the apartment was ready, I went to message the guest that Apartment A was ready. I looked at the Airbnb app to send the message, and noticed that the booking was for Apartment B. OMG - how can this happen. A review of my bookings found another corrupted booking to.

So I messaged Tokeet. Absolutely no help. The following day they said they would contact Airbnb. Why, I don't know. The reason I don't know is that they won't tell me anything:

How many of my bookings have been corrupted by Tokeet? No reply. 

How long does it typically take to get a response from Airbnb? No reply

The booking shows correctly in Airbnb. Your platform has it wrong. Why do you need to ask Airbnb? No reply

Can you phone me to discuss? Asked about 12 times before a No response was received

Can someone senior get on this message thread to reply. No reply

So, here I sit, 24 hours after finding my first corrupted booking in Tokeet, none the wiser except to say do not use Tokeet. Hit your thumb repeatly with a hammer. At least it will feel better after you stop.

If anyone has any experience with a simple channel manager that actually works, please let us know

24 Replies 24

@Glenn, you guys/Tokeet is conveniently incorporated in the Bahamas thus basically no chance of making you accountable.

You blamed Booking.com for the mistakes and my loss, Booking.com provided me with their written explanation making it very clear that they were not to be blamed. I got the impression that Booking.com is not too happy being blamed by one of their official partners.

Anyway, what is more likely that Booking.com handling millions of bookings each year made the mistake or a small software company hiding in the Bahamas?

Well, current, former, and potential Tokeet customers can just google other peoples experiences with Tokeet. Tokeet cost me thousands of euros and Tokeet left me 'hanging' after sending one useless and standardised reply to my many mails - hereafter Tokeet ignored me. I wish I had never used Tokeet and RateGenie, useless and costly. I can highly recommend Smoobu as an alternative to Tokeet.

Dear Glenn,

Just to let you know that small matter of your people verifying subscription payment that we have already done, has taken more days and we have a weekend coming up with lots of booking. Emails don't get replied and when they do - the answer is always "It will be resolved soon" followed by silence. I know that this isn't the norm because I have used Tokeet for 2 years and never had to drag out an issue like this.

It is now getting to the point where I start searching for alternatives.  My question at this point is: Does Tokeet allow one to move the data out easily in case I decide to close the account?

Lemon Valley Farm

Worst support system ever, the kids working for you just send us links and tell us in a snobby  way to follow instructions instead of assisting us with fine tuning the settings AND they don't work on weekends?  W*T*H is that?  Our busiest times is the weekends why do you think booking companies ask us if we have higher prices on weekends??? but yet Tokeet is closed???  come on guys really???  If you are as good as you say you are IMO you should look for another company to work for who has a better system.

Thanks for your review...I will stay away as I am looking to simplify not to complicate my life.

In your opinion, what are the positive aspects of Booking Automation? Is there anything you think is bad about this channel manager?

Was for couple of days tokeet user. Messed up my system. Deleted it and still have a Tokeet button on my airbnb page.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I just started using Smoobu and love it

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Ive been using iGMS for about 6 months and I have tried others in the past you can list upto 4 properties for free and I have support really good which make a change these days even the CEO is on the ball,

Take a free trail and see if it suits your needs

https://www.igms.com/software/30-bonus?afmc=4u 

Michael4539
Level 1
Caraga, Philippines

I totally agree Tokeet is horrible and I lost about $1500 in booking with a one month trial with them.    Their booking platform is very unorganized and has hidden windows under other windows that are key to running the bookings properly.  Their support is terrible after you pay them and they are closed on weekends....  When I ask for help there is  a problem they just send me a link or tell me to watch a video and zero assistance.  They are only there to take your money and help you lose money, better to stay away from them.  Just think your busiest time of the week can you imagine them being closed and having zero support?

Bill139
Level 2
Orlando, FL

yep add me to the list TOKEET IS GARBAGE! and their customer service is NON EXISTENT!