Too quiet?

Mary703
Level 6
San Jose, CA

Too quiet?

I just had a guest leave a review saying my house was too quiet, and I should maybe have quiet music in the background. She gave me a 4 out of 5 in my Review. How can I keep my SuperHost status with each guest making such individual requests? I feel like Goldilocks and the 3 Bears.

53 Replies 53
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

That's beyond ridiculous.

Niel3
Level 10
Llanberis, United Kingdom

4 stars for petty reasons is most annoying, particularly as it jeopardises the super host qualification criteria.

I just got my second 4* rating - and was told in the comments I would have got 5 stars if I had put cotton sheets on the beds.

Oh, good heavens.

Thats ridiculous.
Nick14
Level 2
Wasaga Beach, Canada

The Airbnb rating system is flawed and a big joke to most hosts,  useless superhost level 10 ? We provide the asset they enjoy billions in fees, and then demoting you when guests give bad reviews of your place and note something trivial or cover up something they broke ( That was like that?) Then Airbnb suspends you? never you mind Airbnb Hosts are a dime a dozen,  too big to fail, guests are king as they spend the money ( booking fees bottom line!)  then Airbnb holds the money for 8 months, until after they trash your place and are long gone, leaving you holding the bag for a claim... GOOD LUCK wth that one? Forget collecting on excessive cleaning,  guest say we paid you the clean fee (18 bags of garbage stains on everything,  a scrape or 2,  a hole in the wall or breakage ... Airbnb says you should account for wear and tear in your pricing? when ditch-hole Hosts charge a fraction of your rate and get all the cheap bookings as you are too expensive to book, until they get demoted or complaints against them, then they just cancel listing and do the new listing thing like cheezy hosts do! and call themselves good property manager and don't have the kind of medevil guests you get! Airbnb allows  guest to be verified with a picture of their dog ! No feral guests with poopy pets, instant bookings forget that.  to the many bad disrespecting guests from Airbnb, please stay home!

I prefer silk sheets -  

Tania-and-Andrew0
Level 10
Cancún, Mexico

That is absolutely bunkers... I would complian if a house/neighborhood is too noisy (especially if not warned before hand)... but "too quiet"???????????'' wth... 

I dunno if this helps, but I leave a little bluetooth speaker at the guest's bedroom and tell them they are welcome to use it around the house so they can always listen to their own music. I recommend you to have this.

Armando103
Level 2
Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico

good idea I will implement, greetings from queretaro.

Gread idea!! I also have a firestick in the guest bedroom and they can play music there. My goggle home is also connected and guests can tell it to play any music

No way have a little blue tooth speaker unless its glued down.. LOL .. people bring their own they're small and travel easy

That is an idea, but I was trying to keep my listing "simple" as I only charge $30, which I state in my listing. If I start adding TV's, a fridge, coffee machine, etc., it would create more work than I intended when I started doing Airbnb. I don't want to have to troubleshoot technology, maintain devices, etc., hence the value pricing...

Betty124
Level 5
Westminster, CO

Oh my!  Too  quiet? 

I've never heard that before, and can't imagine that being a complaint!

You certainly have my sympathy! 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Mary703, @Lisa723 ,

Hi Mary,

You must understand that there are people living right beneeth an approach path of an airport and these people cannot sleep without the background noise they are used to.

May I suggest that You consinder to buy this CD from Amazon: 150 spectaculare Sound effects.

https://www.amazon.com/Spectacular-Sound-Effects-Hundred-Fifty/dp/B000000L6P/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=...

You can chose from 707 Jet take off, 707 Jet land, anti-aircraft fire, or, for guests living in refering neigbourhoods, car crash, heavy traffic, marshal fanfare, drag race and the like.

To distribute these sounds in Your building, You may also want to buy a little speaker system:

2018-07-16 Too quiet Rock condert speakers.jpg

Mary, it really isn't difficult to please Your guests. If You had thought about this little detail before renting on airbnb, You could now have a 5* rating all across the board and be a stellar superhost.

UTE:

LOL!