Top bedding

Calvin92
Level 2
Gulfport, MS

Top bedding

I read something a host posted once I think that microfiber quilts and blankets were a bad idea since they have a tendency to hold on to stray hairs?  I currently have a beautiful, heavy comforter on the guest bed that requires being taken to a cleaner or laundry-mat to wash because it's so thick and heavy--not convenient to do between every booking--so I am wanting to switch to a lighter weight washable quilt. I have found several I like but some are microfiber. So, yes or no or better suggestions?

4 Replies 4
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Calvin92 - i use the ones from Ikea. They feel very nice (the top range), but are machine washable.

you can have them in different thickness to suit different weather.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

Cotton quilt/coverlet... Target, Homegoods, Amazon

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Calvin92  I use microfiber blankets for my dog's bed bc the hair doesn't stick to them.

For guests, I have ordinary Ikea Indira, 100% cotton covers. Nothing fancy but practical, easy to wash, not expensive, long-lasting

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Calvin92,

During cool weather in Atlanta, I put a comforter in a zippered waterproof/anti-bed bug duvet protector, and insert it in a duvet.  In warmer weather I remove the comforter and leave just the duvet as a bedspread.  I wash the comforter protector and cover between each guest stay, wash and alternate between two comforters every couple of months (this may happen only twice before it becomes too warm for a comforter.