Top host ranking for Airbnb and Airbnb Luxe?

Top host ranking for Airbnb and Airbnb Luxe?

Is there a way to find the top ranked hosts for Airbnb and Airbnb Luxe?  I am new to hosting and would like to find the business models and networks that are used by top ranked hosts, especially Luxe.

4 Replies 4
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Great question @CBandAmp-F0 ... let us know if you find the answer!!

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@CBandAmp-F0 are you hoping for free advice? If so, why should they give it to you? Instead you can read though this board. There are multiple really helpful discussions with tips for new hosts, marketing and decorating strategies, etc

If you are willing to pay, there are many people out there who set up Airbnbs for a fee. They help with all aspects of your operation. You can ask for references and verify through the site that those are functioning Airbnbs that are doing well. Airbnb facebook groups could be a great source for this

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@CBandAmp-F0  at the beginning of hosting I've done the research.  Listings with perfect 5,0 ratings were new, with just a few reviews. Sooner or later some guests will give 4* for some reason including the "nobody is perfect" one. You can't be everything to everyone all the time and turn yourself into a doormat bc you will burn out.

The most important is to examine the demand and the type of guests in your area and to find a balance between how much you earn, how much you work, how much time you spend, and what the major part of your guests' need. For example, if you live in a transit town, the average stay is 1-2 nights then there is no need to offer a washer and dryer or an oven... especially if there is a laundromat and numerous restaurants nearby. It would cost you money, time, and work and it would mean nothing to your guests.

Even the superhost badge doesn't mean much these days, for example, I've lost mine bc I couldn't host for a year due to the earthquake damage on our building's chimney and some other hosts lost it bc there were no tourists due to covid.

Every host with a rating between 4,5 and 5* is a great host and every host who hosts more than a year or two is making some profit out of it.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I am not aware of an Airbnb 'ranking system', outside of the star system and that is a reflection of guests' opinions not Airbnb's. If they did have such a thing, I wonder what criteria they would use.