Towels Towels Towels! How many should I provide?

Answered!
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Towels Towels Towels! How many should I provide?

Question about towels: I started hosting about 6 months ago and bought several ‘bath sheet’ sized towels for guest use- from a leading supermarket in a light grey colour.

They wash and wear well, but after having stayed in a hotel last night which had wonderful fluffy white towels I wonder what other hosts do??

I’m loathe to purchase white towels 😲 but wonder if this is what other hosts do or would expect from an Airbnb stay.

I provide 1 towel per guest but also wonder if a should provide a smaller size and a face cloth size.

Hosts- what do you do that works ?!

1 Best Answer
Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

@Paul0

I also provide a packet of hypoallergenic make up removal wipes, a pack of cotton pads a box of Kleenex, for the guest who has their own own make up remover solution....stops guests using towels instead to remove make up.

Ditto provide some sanitary pads and tampons and disposal bags, which saves likelihood of accidents on your bedlinens, if guest caught short, by time of the month.

View Best Answer in original post

53 Replies 53
Thomas972
Level 2
Asheville, NC

I provide towels. I bought expensive large fluffy towels which one guest commented on in her review. The problem is they take a long time to dry. Since then I have noticed that Target has some great towels, not as fluffy and a little smaller. Less expensive and shorter drying times. No one seemed to notice. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is such a great topic @Paul1255. There is so much useful information in here. I think I should rethink my sheets. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

I provide 2 white and 2 colored hand towels. Also 2 white and 2 colored bath towels. If they want a larger sized bath towel then they can get one out of the hallway closet.

White sheets. Be sure do every wash of the whites with max detergent, max bleach, longest wash setting, hottest setting and double rinse. Cut corners and your whites will start to become off-white and beyond repair.

Salem2
Level 10
Al Hadd, Oman

I invested in good quality white fluffy towels in the beginning but they either get stained or people take them with them!

Better to buy a mid-range darker colour, which is easy to replace. I try to match the colour with something in the room so it looks cohesive and tidy, the best are navy blue. Just use a little conditioner in your wash and good enough!

@Salem2 you reminded me of the old saying; "the towels were so big and fluffy I could hardly close my suitcase". 

I agree with your comments on the colour schemes. 

Cheers, Charles

Asury-and-Adam0
Level 3
Clarksville, TN

I used to use neutral colored towels that would not fade or bleed while washing. We started noticing that they were bleaching after a while. Come to find out that some face washes and beauty products have ingredients that will bleach the fabric. So, I decided to go to cream or white towels. I don't buy the cheapest, but certainly don't go for the most expensive. So far they have worked really well. I have had to replace, maybe, 2 in the past year. It gives it a "fresh" look to the bathroom. I only provide one bath towel, 1 or 2 washclothes per person, and 1 hand towel per bathroom as well as a kitchen towel. I do mention that I don't provide extra towels in my listing. So, they can bring more or buy detergent to wash the one I provide. I have have never had anyone complain about the quantity of towels.

Devin-and-Sarah0
Level 3
Calgary, Canada

Hi guys, my wife and I always supply one bath towels, one hand towel, and one washcloth per guest for every two-night stay.

If you provide a laundry machine then mention it to your guests, if you don't then provide extra towels rolled up. Two ways we do this is either on a wired shelf above the toilet or a basket with the towels neatly rolled up in it. 

We wrote a full blog post on "Airbnb Towels" and answer the most common questions. https://www.airbnbuniverse.com/airbnb-towels

Hope this helps! Devin and Sarah

Devin & Sarah, Superhost and Bloggers

One of a friend recommended  me to buy these towels from this site 

**[solicitation removed inline with - Community Center Guidelines]

Now the question is i want to get more suggestion form you should i buy towels from buy hotel linen aur any other supplier here who can provide me in bulk?

When deciding on the number and types of towels to provide for your Airbnb guests, it's important to balance practicality, guest comfort, and cost-effectiveness. Here are some detailed recommendations based on common hosting practices:

1. Bath Towels: Providing one bath towel per guest is standard. If you're currently using bath sheet-sized towels and they are well-received, you might continue with this size as it offers more coverage and luxury. However, standard bath towels (about 27x52 inches) are also adequate and might be more cost-effective and easier to launder.

2. Hand Towels: Including one hand towel per guest is a thoughtful addition. These can be used for drying hands after washing or as a smaller body towel if needed.

3. Face Cloths/Washcloths: Offering one washcloth per guest adds a touch of hotel-like luxury. They are useful for washing faces or for guests who prefer a smaller cloth for bathing.

4. Extra Towels: Depending on the length of the stay and the amenities you offer (like a pool or hot tub), consider providing an extra bath towel per guest. This ensures they have a dry towel available if one is in the wash or if they need an extra after a swim.

5. Towel Color: While white towels are popular in hotels due to their clean and crisp appearance, they require more maintenance to keep them looking fresh and can show stains more easily. Light grey is a practical choice as it hides minor stains and still looks clean and professional. Ultimately, the color choice depends on your preference and the style of your Airbnb.

6. Quality and Maintenance: Investing in good-quality towels that are soft, absorbent, and durable will enhance your guests' experience. Ensure towels are laundered and stored properly to maintain their quality.

7. Presentation: Neatly fold and stack the towels in an accessible place. Consider adding a small tag or note indicating that these are for guest use, adding a personal touch to your hospitality.

For bulk purchases, you might consider websites like **, where you can find a variety of towels in different sizes, colors, and quality options. Such websites often offer competitive pricing for larger quantities, making it cost-effective for hosts to stock up on essentials.

Remember, the goal is to make your guests feel comfortable and well-cared-for. Providing high-quality, clean, and sufficient towels can significantly enhance their stay and contribute to positive reviews and repeat bookings.

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]