Transfer listing to new account

Answered!
Schuyler0
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Transfer listing to new account

Hi there,

I just set up a  listing on my account, but I'd like to transfer it to a different account/email. Does anyone know if this is possible? 

Thanks!

1 Best Answer

@Barbara2599 I don't think Airbnb is looking for a solution. Their position is clear - Accounts cannot be transferred and if someone sells an Airbnb property the new owner must start afresh with a new listing.

View Best Answer in original post

47 Replies 47

Did you have any luck with this? My thought was that I would need to unlist my property as "no longer owns property or moved" and then create a new account with a different email. That would mean losing everything though but do you know if this works? 

Rob119
Level 1
Manchester, United Kingdom

I'm hoping this will become available.  My son set up a listing at my home which now has good ratings but I would like to take this over since he's moved out.

L-C0
Level 1
Dallas, TX

I too would like to transfer from a previous owner to me.  

Alexandru-Luchian0
Level 2
Schaerbeek, Belgium

+1 , this feature is really needed.

Guys !! Its 2017 and i tryin gto do the same think with airbnb for several months now almost a year ! Good luck guys airbnb  dont give a **bleep**  about its hosts. If i start here and analyzing the cases that i have to deal with them its going to take a book ! Good luck with them guys !

Vincenzo89
Level 2
Mazara del Vallo, Italy

Hello Iakovos, I don't think this means Airbnb doesn't give a **bleep** about its hosts.

On Airbnb people matter. If there is an exact same places, but two different hosts, with different behavior, and different way to take care of guests, the listing changes.

Reviews are not only for the listing, but also for the host who takes care of them.

So there's a reason why you can't transfer listings as you want, and I believe this is the reason. I have to agree with Airbnb's policy on this.

What if I have great reviews, but I sell my house to the worse host ever. Why would he get my reviews? This would be misleading for guests.

Vincenzo

Nadia180
Level 1
Nottingham, United Kingdom

Hi Vincenzo, 

I completely agree with you on this one. However, sometimes you want to pass on the hard work that you have put into something (and the bookings) when selling on for instance. Then the reputation of the place will automatically adjust as time goes by and if the host is not doing their job well then the reviews will deteriorate so will the bookings.

I want to give the new host (owner) the opportunity to build on what I have created and to naturally advance in it without having to build it up from scratch.

Do you think that such feature still doesn’t exist? If not, I am considering giving the new host my account but how will I detangle my guest account from it?

Are you aware of anybody from Airbnb discussing about this?

Thanks in advance.

Nadia

Yes but all you have to do or all Airbnb has to is say "under new management." That way it's not misleading to the guests 

Dear Vincenzo 

I think that we all agree even airnb agrees that comunication with them is a husttle and very difficult. I am in hosting bussiness for too long and i understand your point ani agree with your evaluation but my point was tottally different maybe i was not very informtive to the group. I am not selling or moving to somoene else my listings what i was trying to do with them is more complicated. Let me make it as short as i can . They advised last year that if you manage several properties that have different owners with different vat numbers to add them to your account and just put on each property the original owner an his vat number so they could issue their commision invoices under the correct tax payer and owner. I did that in order to have a full picture of the listings i manage and also i did that because they did not have at the time unlimited co-hosting. After following all airbnb's instructions i managed to add all owners and vat numbers. The result was that i was getting invoiced for every listing and property. By the end of the year of 2017 and after an amazing amount of time on th phone with them and emailing them i ended up with a fine from my goverment because of wrong invoicing almost 3000 euro . I was begging them just to open different accounts and re built the listings if only they could transfer the reviews so all of my work would not be in vain. I created new accounts that i manage still not someone else. There was no response and at some point they advised that i should better deal with the matter legally through a lawshuit . After all this mess April 2018 they finnaly they allowed and made a transfer to all listings that have different owers and vat numbers. By that time the fine went from 3000 + 6000 = 9000euro. And still they have not open the option of unlimeted cohosting to my account . So you can imagine my frustration because if only they have advised me to open a different account for every owner and listing as we used to do it i would have saved 9000 euro and a lot of time . Their response on that as well was we cannot do anything and we are sorry for any troube we have caused you. 

Thats the story so as i was saying if you manage a lot of listings and you want to be flexible and organised wth airbnb is a vary big husttte and they have the worst comunication ever frm any other platform. 

I hope you understand knw my frustation. 

Iakovos 

GUYS AIRBNB SUCKS WITH HOSTS !! THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT GETTING WHAT IS THEIRS AND AFTER THAT NO COMUNICATION AT ALL !!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Ryan113
Level 2
Bellingham, WA

It is my property, I invested all the money, did all the work on the remodel, put up all the photos, filled out the guide for guests, made the house rulebook, answer a lot of questions for guests, manage the calendar, do the cleaning now... but my girlfriend set it up and I am just a "co-host". She basically copy & pastes the same message every time for check-in instructions. All the positive reviews are mine and I want my listing! How can you not handle a separated asset, AirBnB? Is there someone I can call? It is a mere point of the database entry to another host.

I believe the solution would be to let guests to rate both the property AND hosts. This leaves flexibility to make property transferable to whoever account you want, without losing property ratings/reviews.

I am having the same problem and they won't do it, it's a nightmare.

Scott265
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Yes, this can easily be done.

Step 1) Create a new profile account. 

Step 2) Go to original account and submit to your new profile account to become a "cohost". 

Step 3) Go to your new account and except the inquire to be a cohost. 

Step 4) On your new account go to airbnb.com/rooms (be sure you're logged in).  All the way to the right, just under the gear symbol you'll see three horizontal dots, click on that then click "duplicate". 

There you go! The rest is self-explainable.

Not quite, Scott.  I think you're missing that all of these hosts want to retain past reviews.