Transfer listing to new account

Answered!
Schuyler0
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Transfer listing to new account

Hi there,

I just set up a  listing on my account, but I'd like to transfer it to a different account/email. Does anyone know if this is possible? 

Thanks!

1 Best Answer

@Barbara2599 I don't think Airbnb is looking for a solution. Their position is clear - Accounts cannot be transferred and if someone sells an Airbnb property the new owner must start afresh with a new listing.

View Best Answer in original post

47 Replies 47

Ok so my situation is that I was managing a place for someone else- logically I thought I set up the listing for the owner as I am an experienced host.

i am no longer managing the property and want to be taken off the listing. Airbnb is saying all I can do is delete the listing and the owners have to create another listing. They will be extremely angry about this and will loose all of their reviews. At the moment my only option is to keep myself as the listing admin person but I run the risk of loosing my super host status. I am in discussions with Airbnb to find a solution. Nightmare. Is what you are suggesting a way out?

I can't find the three dots. my listing from the old account shows on the new one because I've added myself as a co-host. But, basically, I want to close my account and just use the new account. 

There's no option to "duplicate" under the new account where I'm a co-host, only under the old account.  Or am I missing something?  Thank you Scott.

Sandra282
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Sold my house, new owner would like to take over the reservations and my account since I have great reviews. Can I do that and how?

Having the same problem 

Stefana1
Level 1
Madrid, Spain

same problem. moved house/city  and want to move it on someone elses account.

waiting for a feature or way to do this without losing reviews on the listing. Thanks

Same problem 

Sandi25
Level 1
Newport, RI

I manage listings for several owners and would like to give one of those listings back to the owner. We've been up and running for years and have tons of reviews and history. I need a way to transfer the ownership to another person. 

Matt-and-Lara0
Level 2
Abbotsford, Australia

Hi all,

I am also wanting to do the same thing, we are ready to sell and want to give all positive reviews to the new owner as well as current bookings. Is this a possible feature? 

Would it be as easy as editing the account and then creating a new account for our own personal use? 

Love to hear from anyone who has experience in this.

Cheers!

Lara

Margherita51
Level 2
Santa Fe, NM

Two years and still no resolution to this issue. In fact it appears no recognition of this issue existing by AirBnB staff.

Yep same problem 

Yes that's easy, just call them and they will sort you out

Sorry that response was for a different message 

Ricardo587
Level 2
Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal

It seems there's an option but only if you don't want to reuse the "old" account. Example, if you have an account from user A and would like to transfer the listings for user B you can just change your account settings for the user B. It's weird that the paltform allows for a name and gender change 😄 but it will work. You should however change the identification submited and that's the question, there's a warning saying that all upcoming reservations will be canceled... I still don't know what that really means.... I'm cintacting support to check it out because in my case I just want to reuse the same account with 3 listings but with a different person...

Any News Ricardo?