Transfer of Property Ownership

Transfer of Property Ownership

How do I simply transfer my AirBnB account with write up, pictures, descriptions, etc. to the new owners of the property ??

I sold property.  How do I transfer all contacts, etc. ??

100 Replies 100
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

In fact, @Kevin475, you can't. Accounts are assigned to people, not properties.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Kevin475 - you cannot.  Properties and reviews are host-specific, not property-specific.  They will need to start their own lisiting and profile.  Guests stay with hosts.  The reviews you've made up to now will transfer with you to your next listing so you don't have to "start over".  

Ilona5
Level 3
Holiday, FL

well, I have a similar situation, I'm in the process of selling my property. One of the reasons people are buying it is because it's income-producing property, my calendar is booked at least 3 - 5 months in advance and they are aware of that. I don't want to cancel my guests of course but somehow transfer them over to a new account. I contacted the Airbnb and they basically don't have a solution other than canceling all the guests and ask them to rebook it with the new owners. I'm very surprised that Airbnb is not prepared for such scenarios and does not have a simple solution /program/ for transferring ownership. The only thing they can help you with is to wave the penalty and cancelation fee in this circumstances.    

Hey, thanks for your comments.  I'm selling a place with 2 listings,..how did you handle ownership of furniture?  Did you charge a premium?  I mean, it is a plus to know you have future bookings locked in already, no?

@Nora135  Have the new owner setup a listing you can give him your photo's if all items remain the same. He can use your listing information too. Have him verify his account, profile picture and write his own profile. When he's finished before he lists you contact each guest and explain and tell them the new owner will honor the booking and all items in the listing will remain the same INCLUDING the price as what they booked orginally with a 5-10% discount on the nightly rate for the inconvience. AirBnB will help in getting the bookings rebooked to the new listing for them penalty free to you and the guests. You may lose few guests that don't want a brand new host, but for the most part from what I've read most will rebook with the new owner. After this is complete, then he goes live for new listings and you delist. 

@Letti0 have you done this? I thought airbnb would not let 2 identical addresses to be listed at the same time...

Ingrid530
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

This is a problem I am facing - is there a solution? Thanks

Great to hear this.  Do you know if they will also honor doing this when someone cancels their property manager and wants to take it on directly?

All furniture was included with the sale. The new owner has created a new listing with the same pictures and all future guests were informed about it. They had the opportunity to rebook with the new owners and some of them did. 

Hi, 

I just sold my home and will be closing escrow in 14 days and find myself in the same predicament you were in.  Can you be so helpful as to let me know if you found out anything else regarding transfering the reservations or what did you eventually do?  

Thank you,

Marcos

I had to cancel all the reservations and the new owner had to start all over. All the guests had the opportunity to rebook again going to a new airbnb listing. The good thing is that all my reviews and superhost achivement stays with me and appears in my new property listing.

ilona, did you have luck getting them to wave the fees? I am considering selling mine.  I would be looking at over 5,000 in fees!

Megan,449. I had no fees to pay back then. I don't know maybe now is a different rules and the penalty can't be waived. Better call the Airbnb and find out how they will handle it ahead of time. 

Clearly Airbnb needs to get their **bleep** together on this...