Transfer of Property Ownership

Transfer of Property Ownership

How do I simply transfer my AirBnB account with write up, pictures, descriptions, etc. to the new owners of the property ??

I sold property.  How do I transfer all contacts, etc. ??

100 Replies 100

No because you cannot post links in the listing profile.  And why would you want your reputation linked to their business?  You won't be able to resolve anything if they should, say, never clean the place, paint the windows black, or start taking an endless stream of tweekers as guests.  Your business is YOU as the host, not the property.  

Once they have the listing posted, you can write a reference for them and include some of the best comments about the space  Or be their first guest and write a glowing review.  A savvy guest will be able to navigate to your profile and see the reviews from when you were that location's host. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/334/why-isn-t-a-reference-appearing-on-my-profile

I don’t understand why Airbnb will not allow you to transfer the listing details over to a new listing with no reviews so you don’t have to go though the pain of setting back up and send an email to all current booking to see if they want to stay.  Seems to be a lot of work when the old listing will come down anyway.

@Ian471  Well, if I were a guest, I might book a place because of reviews I read saying how great the host was. So I'd want to be afforded an opportunity to cancel if there was a new host. Original host might be great, next one might not be, and not really understand how to host as successfully as the host they bought the place from.

The problem with this logic is that many hosts don't manage their own properties.  Some hosts frequently change management companies.  The host is not asked to surrender all of their reviews each time they change management companies...why should selling the property to a new host be different?

@Blaine-and-Rachel0 But if the manager you hired wasn't doing a good job, you'd change managers. A host has no control over how someone they might sell the property to takes care of the listing and the guest.

In either case we are talking about a change that could lead to a worse experience for the guest.

in both cases, there’s no guarantee that the previous level of service will return.

Debbe0
Level 2
Bend, OR

What a mess.....why can't they make it easier?

Daniel2872
Level 1
New York, NY

I am selling my house I have over 10 reviews 5 stars and the prospective buyer wants at closing the names phone numbers and info of previous guests from air BNB is this OK or not allowed by terms and conditions of air BNB

@Daniel2872  I would consider it an invasion of privacy to give your past guests' personal information to the prospective buyer. Personally I hate it when someone gives out my phone number to someone I don't know without my permission. And if the new owner sends those guests unsolicited offers, they could complain to Airbnb, which could negatively affect the new host, as well as you, if you have other Airbnbs or decide to list again in the future.

Agreed potential new buyer ask   I sent him terms of Airbnb  section 14 1:3  cannot share, copy etc any guests information to any 3rd party 

@Sarah977 wrote:

I’m buying an Airbnb property. I’ve created a listing that will go live on closing day. The current owner plans to contact his reservations to cancel and to give them my info so they can rebook. I plan to honor all previous reservations and rates.

seems like I read here that Airbnb will help those people make the transfer. True? How do I make sure the pricing gets set to match the original reservations?

@Michael-and-Susan1 The ideal would be for Airbnb to help with this but I fear their support is not up to it at the moment.

What you could do is set high rates for all dates that are currently booked (to discourage others booking) and then get the previous host to ask the current guests to send you a booking INQUIRY (not request). You can then send them a special offer (if the current host gives you the details of what they had paid). Just make sure the special offer price is correct relative to Airbnb host and guest service fees.

Complicated but should work.

Betsy13
Level 5
Houston, TX

FYI: I sold my property.  As soon as I went into contract, I stopped accepting future bookings.  But I already had three bookings beyond the closing date, so I asked Airbnb to transfer those three bookings to the new owner.  I didn't try to transfer the listing, just the three bookings.  All three guests confirmed they would like to transfer to the new host who has the same property.  Airbnb won't do it.  I told them I found several instances where hosts said they had done this with Airbnb.  They told me they don't do it anymore.  They said either cancel the bookings or co-host.  I told them I did set up the bookings to co-host and tried to designate that payouts go to the co-host but it won't let me do that either (the system says only future bookings can be paid out to the co-host).  They said figure out the bank transfer on my own or cancel.  When I went to try to cancel the bookings, it tells me I will be penalized in multiple ways if I cancel.  I tried to say that I was cancelling for extenuating circumstances but selling the property is not a covered circumstance.  Since I am still an owner of other properties on Airbnb, I don't want to be penalized (three times!) for cancelling.  Moreover, it warns that if I cancel more than once, my account may be suspended.  Just another example of Airbnb's lackluster customer service to hosts.

Hi @Betsy13 can I ask what ended up happening in your case? I'm trying to enter into an agreement to buy a property and the seller is apparently having exactly the same problem where he doesn't want to be penalized by Airbnb for cancelling the bookings he already has so I can take them on. I'm willing to honor the dates and have his guests rebook with me but it seems excessively difficult to do this, and it's holding up our ability to enter a contract as a result. Wondering if/how you worked this out. Thanks!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The owner should have stopped taking long term booking when he put his place on the market then he wouldn't need to cancel bookings  @David7664 - he is simply selling you a property not an STR business 

it's up to the owner to resolve this with Airbnb . 

The penalties are not high he should just take the hit if Airbnb won't help transfer bookings to the new listing you have set up.