Transferring a listing to another account

Sue6
Level 1
Valemount, Canada

Transferring a listing to another account

If I sell my BnB and the new owners want to take over my AirBnB account... because of the financial connection is this a good idea? What is the process to go through to make sure all goes smoothly and that everyone stays secure?

42 Replies 42

My experience is VERY NEGATIVE with ANY sort of problem with airbnb as a host - simply - they couldn't give two **bleep**s about hosts - their customer service is one of the aboslutel worst I've EVER seen from a large company  - I literally got ignored - outright ignored on a very serious matter where they just refunded a guest of mine over $1500 straight out of my pocket without even so much as a question to me or ability for me to respond!!! I hate airbnb. I think they are atrocious and are riding on their name only but when your inside the actual business you see how terrible they are!!!

If you have superhost status, which is easy to get, I have found support to be quite good and responsive. You do have to be VERY specific about your needs.

How does that work with both listings being the same address?

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

How many bookings do you have? I would snooze my listing so only actual bookings can see the listing. Get new owners to start fresh account, contact the existing bookings and ask if they are still ok with the change in ownership. If not, cancel them and pay the fine. If they are, give them the new contact details and delete your account once the bookings are finished.

@Sandra0 - My understanding is that when a listing is on Snooze, no-one can see it including booked guests. But I am curious if this is actually true or not. Do you know this for sure or assuming ? Also it's $100 penalty for each cancellation... ouch. 

If you snooze only actual bookings can see or contact you. If you de-list nobody can. It is 100 dollars near booking time, 50 further away fo cancellations. If it is only a couple of bookings, cancel them. Otherwise, snooze (but check with guests what THEY want to do, this is your responsibility) and wait for reservations to be completed.

This depends on how many bookings should she cancel. Also, I don't know how much money is involved in the change of ownership. Let's say it is an expensive house, spending a couple of hundred in fines is nothing. A transfer of a rental contract, you won't want to spend anything.

@sandra Thank you so much for the answers and clarification. Re; snooze=  went to the help article and suggested that Airbnb include the detail about confirmed guests still being able to see the listing. 

Actually, we're in super-low season right now so there are no bookings to worry about; at this time of year most people book directly through me so the penalties are not a concern. Thanks for pointing it out though... it could be real drama during spring/summer!

@Sandra216 When you say "delete your account," do you mean delete your entire Airbnb account or just that particular listing?

Leticia140
Level 1
Houston, TX

@Sue0, did you get any positive outcome to this situation?  I am considering the purchase of a property which is an active Airbnb and would like some form of transition for continuity's sake, to cover all future bookings and assure them the transition will be as smooth as possible.

All very good info, but I don’t believe that BnB allows a web link in a listing. So how can the guests booking on the new owners listing see the old listing?  Thanks! 

Merrill9
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

How do I contact Airbnb for assistance on transferring an active account with bookings up to 6 months out with the sale of the unit?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You don't. You can't transfer your bookings to another host.

You should really have put your listing on hold once you knew you were selling your place.

The listing belongs to the host who set it up and can't be transfered. 

Advise the new owner to set up a listing of their own.

You will need to work with Airbnb to offer guests the opportunity to take their bookings to the new owner or cancel if that is what they prefer.

Marin31
Level 1
Zadar, Croatia

Hi there, do you might know how I can transfer my listing from one account to another (both of them are mine) just to have another profile connected to the listing than I have now

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Marin31  slightly confused by your question. Airbnb doesn't allow individuals to hold more than one account?