Travel credit

Jillie1
Level 10
Harrogate, United Kingdom

Travel credit

Please can someone urgently get back to me re. travel credit.  I booked a place using my hard earned credit of £78 on a one night stay in the Lake District costing slightly less.  The owner has now sent me an alteration request to change my booking to a different room - it's an Inn with several rooms, new to AirBnB.  Will I lose my travel coupon if I accept the changes as I understand you can only use a travel coupon once?!! 

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jillie1,

You probably payed allready for the initial reservation and used the travel credit. So the change will reflect the new room, but also says what you have to pay. Maybe have a look at that. The Airbnb help says: travel credit is lost when a reservation is cancelled :

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1367/how-do-i-book-a-trip-with-travel-credit-from-referrals

This is not a cancellation.

To be sure about your concerns better contact Airbnb:

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

best regards,

Emiel

Rita575
Level 1
Hamilton, Canada

How did this turn out? I'm booking a reso for October but in case i need to change my dates, will i lose my travel credits?

Jillie1
Level 10
Harrogate, United Kingdom

Hi Rita - it turned out okay for me because I transferred to another room within the same building and didn't cancel.  If you cancel you will lose the travel credit so don't do that!