Trying to issue a partial refund, resolution center won't let me

Michael1004
Level 1
Dublin, OH

Trying to issue a partial refund, resolution center won't let me

I had a guest book our house for two days.  They got their business done early, and left after one day.

I want to give them a partial refund out of my own pocket for the second day out of a sense of fairness and as a gesture of good will.

I tried using the resolution center, but I got the message "Can't send money. You don’t have any eligible reservations to send money to right now."

I want to go through the platform so that I get taxed on the amount of money I actually earn.  When I get the 1099 from airbnb, I want it to have the right amount on it.

How do I issue this refund?

3 Replies 3
Vanessa-and-Kurt0
Level 10
Farmington, CT

Others can correct me if I am wrong but I believe your guest would have had to cancel that night and you could have refunded at that point. If the reservation is over and you have already been paid then AirBnB does not have the money to refund them-you do.

But the resolution center has a button titled "Send Money".  I want to transfer money from the account associated with my payouts to the account associated with my guest.  I want to do it through airbnb so that they have a record of the transaction and can get the amount on my 1099 right so that my taxes are correct.

All airbnb documentation says to use the resolution center for this type of transaction, but when I try, it won't let me do it.

Has anyone learned if this is true?  You really can’t send money to people?