Tub mats

Zoe105
Level 4
Puerto Rico

Tub mats

As a new Host I have found that cleaning my Tub mats takes me a lot of time... Since I am kind of OCD cleaner, I like to leave everything super mega clean and sanitized.  My rule is to leave everything as I will like to receive it... I even sanitized all electrical outlets and interruptors & door hadles, to eliminate any germs left.  But since I am afraid of slippery tubs, I always leave a white clean tub mat.  I spend too much time scrubing them, removing hair and stains.  I tried some anti slippery adhesives, but they come off at the first wash.  Does anyone knows of any real good anti slippery adhesive to put on my tubs? Or any other idea?  I would prefer to eliminate tub mats and apply any other anti slippery system....   IDEAS WELCOME!!!   🙂

7 Replies 7
Rebecca160
Level 10
Albuquerque, NM

@Zoe105. I just toss the bath mat in the wash after every guest. Cleans and disinfects it quickly and easily. Just hand to dry thoroughly. The mats I use are inexpensive , yet keep people safe from slipping.

Thank you.  I was thinking of using any other anti slippery method, but will try using machine.  

Mark26
Level 10
Melbourne Beach, FL

Zoe,

I use clear bath mats and put them in the washer with a little laundry detergent and a little bleach.  They come out looking cloudy (Just like they look after guests have used them). Toss them in the dryer and the heat will drive the moisture out, leaving them crystal clear, and looking brand new again.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Good tip @Mark26, I'm going to use this for my bath mats. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Zoe105
Level 4
Puerto Rico

That's a good idea. Thanks! 

Zoe105
Level 4
Puerto Rico

I found that there is a product that can be applied in tub and creates a non slip surface.  It can be easly applied and it it washable.  I will see if I can find it and also try this.  

🙂

Robyn445
Level 1
Sydney, Canada

SPARKLE TUFF, you can apply to your bathtub . Non slip coating goes on clear.