Tune in for a message to our hosts from CEO Brian Chesky at 3 p.m. PT March 30.

Airbnb
Official Account

Tune in for a message to our hosts from CEO Brian Chesky at 3 p.m. PT March 30.

The coronavirus (COVID-19) has posed unprecedented challenges for the world, including our community of hosts and guests. This is a once-in-a-generation crisis, and we know hosts like you are feeling the biggest impact—so many of you rely on income from your Airbnb properties, and you’re facing a lot of uncertainty right now. 

Over the past three weeks, we’ve hosted more than 50 online listening sessions with hosts from around the world to connect and hear your feedback. As a follow-up, CEO Brian Chesky will be talking to you from his home in San Francisco. He’ll be answering some of the questions you’ve asked about our extenuating circumstances policy, how to host during COVID-19, and more.

Bookmark this page to watch his talk live at 3:00 p.m PT Monday, March 30. Can’t make it at that time? We’ll share a recording with you after the event. 

For more answers to your questions about hosting during this challenging time, please visit Airbnb.com/COVID—we’ll keep updating it with trends, tips, and information on everything we're doing to support our community.

Thank you once again for being a host. We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy.

171 Replies 171

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

Type into google:  "what time is is now in San Francisco"  :):)

@Ute42 

🙂  🙂  🙂  We changed our clocks forward an hour yesterday, so I was ahead of myself..

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @Ute42 

Lol! Me too! And I've nearly finished my bloody snacks now, before the main event has even come on..  :))

@Susan17 

Popcorn and a bottle time! I might go and get a duvet (comforter for the far west).

I already have my fleece blankie @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0! Taking his time, isn't he? 

@Susan17  I was going to suggest that you watch it on an empty stomach, otherwise you might upchuck the whole lot. Too late.

Haha! Waaay too late, @Sarah977! :))

@Ute42 and @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 
 I'm in Calif. It's currently 2:40 P.M. on Monday 3/30/2020. 

United Kingdom is 8 hours ahead of California. 3 P.M. Cal time will be 11 P.M. U.K. 
Denmark is 9 hours ahead of California.  3 P.M. will be 12:00 A.M. (midnight) Denmark and be Tuesday 3/31/2020

@Dawn81 

Thank's for Your heads up on Denmark but I'm in Germany.

DE = Deutschland.

But we're all in this together and we can only learn from each other.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

haha! I was literally just double checking I'd calculated the UK to San Francisco timing correctly @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 - the hour change yesterday didn't help us with this! : )

..... @Susan17 I wish I'd thought about snacks, too late now. Maybe some cereal...hehe

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie  ,  @Susan17 

The video just stopped rolling in Germany. at 3:13 PM San Francisco time.

YouTube clips are running though.

Update: The video picked up rolling again and I could see it till the end.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for letting me know @Ute42. It's so interesting to see how it's broadcasting around the world, mine worked absolutely fine, but I have noticed a few people had sounds issues. Glad your video came back. 

We've just shared a written recap, here. We will be posting this in other languages tomorrow, so you won't have to wait long if you want to read it in German as well. : )

I hope you found it useful and I hope you have a good night's sleep. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Okay Thanks @Ute42 , I forgot that the German word for Germany is Deutschland. Still you may be on the same time zone as Denmark. Does Germany  have more than one time zone?

@Dawn81 

Germany has only one timezone. We're a small country with 82 M inhabitants.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Susan1188  "Numerous of my bookings cancelled out of personal disinclination to travel, before the travel restrictions were in place or for stays after the travel ban is announced over. "

It's astounding to me that hosts are acting as if guests being aware and not wanting to expose themselves or others to this virus, i.e. understanding that travelling right now is completely irresponsible, are somehow in the same category as scammers who just come up with some bogus reason to cancel. Anyone who doesn't have a personal disinclination to travel since this pandemic started is either stupid or irresponsible. Whether there were travel bans already in place before or after the Airbnb policy dates is irrelevant- every person who cancelled their travel due to coronavirus or even not due to coronavirus since this pandemic started is one less person who was capable of passing the virus on to others or contracting it themselves.

And that's what's of supreme importance right now.