Tune in for a message to our hosts from CEO Brian Chesky at 3 p.m. PT March 30.

Airbnb
Official Account

Tune in for a message to our hosts from CEO Brian Chesky at 3 p.m. PT March 30.

The coronavirus (COVID-19) has posed unprecedented challenges for the world, including our community of hosts and guests. This is a once-in-a-generation crisis, and we know hosts like you are feeling the biggest impact—so many of you rely on income from your Airbnb properties, and you’re facing a lot of uncertainty right now. 

Over the past three weeks, we’ve hosted more than 50 online listening sessions with hosts from around the world to connect and hear your feedback. As a follow-up, CEO Brian Chesky will be talking to you from his home in San Francisco. He’ll be answering some of the questions you’ve asked about our extenuating circumstances policy, how to host during COVID-19, and more.

Bookmark this page to watch his talk live at 3:00 p.m PT Monday, March 30. Can’t make it at that time? We’ll share a recording with you after the event. 

For more answers to your questions about hosting during this challenging time, please visit Airbnb.com/COVID—we’ll keep updating it with trends, tips, and information on everything we're doing to support our community.

Thank you once again for being a host. We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy.

171 Replies 171
Natalie198
Level 3
Orlando, FL

I don’t see why Airbnb chose to give full refund for cancellation. Why it didn’t the same system used by airlines?

If the reservation was cancelled by guest due to covid concerns, they should have issued vouchers for future travels within a year. Want a full refund? There is travel insurance for full refunds.

The cancelation fees should not have been refunded. They should have been paid out to hosts. This is an extenuating circumstance for both guests and hosts, yet the only beneficiaries were guests. 
A fair solution is (Would have been) to pay out those cancelation fees to hosts but keep a travel credit for the guest for a future reservation. 

I’m not hearing anything 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @David2472,

It's now showing live, you should be able to hear it. Hopefully it's working for you now. Fingers crossed. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I can’t even work out how to listen to it 😞

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @David2472 and @Melanie82,

Just to highlight that a recap of what Brian updated everyone on in his talk can be viewed in this post in the Community Center. 

I'll also let you know when the recording is available. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ben-and-Katy0
Level 2
Wisconsin Dells, WI

Yes

Ronald202
Level 2
Ann Arbor, MI

Hear nothing in Michigan

Ronald202
Level 2
Ann Arbor, MI

Exiting no sound, waste of time

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ronald202,

I'm so sorry you are experiencing this issue. The sound seems to be working ok on my side, but you never know with technology some times. Please don't worry though, we will have a recording which will hopefully work for you. 

I'll let you know when we have it. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ronald202,

Me again! Just wanted to let you know that a written recap of Brian's talk is available, here

I'm sorry the live talk didn't work for you. Hopefully this will help.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Boris145
Level 3
Yerevan, Armenia

Most of our reservations have been canceled due to COVID prior to March 14th, do we still get reimbursed?  I think he said cancellations that happen after the March 14th will be included?

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

For Covid-19 cancellations: 25% of what hosts would have got through their cancellation policies. So 50% cancellation = 12.5% payout.

i thought the 25% was form ABB to host and on top of the 50%? confused here.Admin please give some example calculations with different time frames and cancellation policies

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

What about reservations for stays after April 14th? What's the policy?