Turning IB on for entire flat

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Turning IB on for entire flat

Hello fellow hosts! 

Hope you are all well. 

After much begging from my end after intense weighing pros and cons- we have decided to turn on IB for own entire place but with strict cancellation policies and only for reputable guests- great reviews, selfies, verified, ID etc. 

Is there any words of advice or “things I wish I knew before” that you could share with me? Would really appreciate it- thank you in advance for reading and your time. Have a beautiful day! 

Kindest regards,

Yadira 🙂

Edit: listing in question-https://abnb.me/Anb7jcrfLZ

4 Replies 4
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Yadira22 will you still be living at your flat as it appears you have been live in Host, am I correct?

I'm sure as an experienced SuperHost & delightful, always positive, bubbly CC member you will have everything sorted including msgs to send to IB Guests, linen, cleaning, toilet paper etc and it will be a breeze for you for you all!

Your guests are aware they are sharing with others as per your listing reviews so that covers that base.

Make sure you use a different key code or internet code for each set of guests for both your own & your guests peace of mind

Meanwhile if you get stuck simply use keywords here in CC as there's always plenty of great advice!

All the best for your transition to using IB - I have mine on & it usually works fine for me.

Happy Hosting!!

Central To All Home & Location

Auckland, NZ

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Helen427 for the reply. 

I don’t live in this listing. 

We are trying out self check in and so far so good. As we use a third party company to hand over keys and only share key collection code for that day with guest, so this is generally dealt with and my house manual is very specific.

I will look at internet code but honestly I think this would be more of an issue for me. Thank you for answering! 🙂

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Yadira22 
Some people in here have suggested using the last 4 digits of their phone number for keypads and internet access - that way it's easier to cross reference to with timing and usage should any issues arise including accessing sites that may be unlawful.

Best to cover those bases in advance.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Yadira22   You may want to know that any review above a 1* meets the qualification for has positive reviews for IB by abb standards

* as told to me by CS. Who knows what’s really true since abb doesn’t publish actual standards