Turning off reminder notifications

Tania135
Level 2
Canterbury, United Kingdom

Turning off reminder notifications

I would really like to be able to turn off reminder notifications overnight. I don't mind getting messages from guests if there is a problem so I don't want to just turn my phone off but I really don't need to get a reminder at 5.30am about a reservation request that came in at midnight the night before!

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tania135  The only way I can see that you could do that would be to go into your settings each night and turn off the notifications, then turn them on again in the morning, which seems like a huge hassle. And there might even be a lag between you doing that and it taking effect.

Tania135
Level 2
Canterbury, United Kingdom

Thanks, yes I think you are right. I think it wouldn't be difficult for the option to be added though and I'm sure it would make a lot of hosts happier! 

Heidi639
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Totally agree. 
This is nonsense to get a notification this early in the morning.  
I got mine at 5am and then my friend said she got one too for her property at 5am!

I know when my guests are arriving, and I don't want to silence my phone either.

Airbnb needs to change that and I guess I'll just have to chat with them about this, because so far I am finding nothing to fix this issue.

Nicole2223
Level 7
Gouldsboro, ME

Each night at 9:30pm, I set 'do not disturb' on my phone, assuming all guests have arrived and we've exchanged a message or two so that I know they have what they need until morning. The upside is my sleep does not get interrupted by a reservation request or booking notification. The downside is that I won't get a message from a current guest that has an unexpected  issue with the heat or what-have-you.  

While it might be a nice enhancement to the Airbnb app, I would personally still struggle with having to remember to disable notifications.  With an iPhone, I can program it to turn off all notifications automatically at a set time every night (and likewise turn them back on in the morning).  

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nicole2223 "The downside is that I won't get a message from a current guest that has an unexpected  issue with the heat or what-have-you."

I think most phones have a setting to allow calls and texts from certain numbers to come through even if you have the rest of the calls blocked. So you could program in a resident guest's number in case of emergency.

Nicole2223
Level 7
Gouldsboro, ME

Excellent point. Fortunately I've never had an issue in the overnight hours, other than having to wait for a late arrival. Thanks for the suggestion!