Two Guests in a Row Put Address in Review

Answered!
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Two Guests in a Row Put Address in Review

This tiny road is the only street with that name in the state, so it's easily searched and I thought it was a security breach.

I've written to both and asked each to have her review taken down.  Under authorship rules, they should be able to make that happen, right?

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ann72 

Yeah, look it can be done, I had one, not removed, but altered once!

Had this guy here and he was nice enough but, God knows how me made it to adulthood, the simplest things he needed a bit of guidance on. His name was Cooper and those that knew him called him 'Coop' .....fair enough. I gave him a basically good review but did say he found.....Well I said , "We enjoyed Coop's company but did find it a bit difficult keeping him focused on the operation of some of the cottage equipment!"  

Spellchecker took over didn't it, and like a fool I did not proofread before I hit submit. It changed his name to 'Poop'!!! Airbnb could see that this alteration could possibly cause offense and alter the offending wording but did leave the review intact!

Doesn't take a lot to make a goose of yourself in this world Ann!

Cheers.......Rob 

View Best Answer in original post

31 Replies 31
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Ann72 Not necessarily. Once it’s written and posted ABB has to decide if it can be edited or removed. Even the author can’t get back to it

@Kelly149   Thank you, good to know.  I've written customer service as well, and both of the guests meantime have also contacted Airbnb about it, so fingers crossed something happens at some point in time lol

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Ann72 you should not have any trouble getting these removed. "Content that includes another person’s private or confidential information, including content that is sufficient to identify a listing’s location" is prohibited by Airbnb's content policy, which governs reviews.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/546/airbnbs-content-policy

Thanks @Lisa723, that's a relief.

Both guests appear to think they can edit their reviews, but now that they've seen mine, will they really be able to edit?  Mine were not bad, but it seems foul play somehow.

@Ann72 The problem is: how long will it take Airbnb CS to acknowledge your message/request and remove the review. I'm guessing a few weeks.  

@Emilia42  I'm sure you are right.

@Ann72 they absolutely should not be able to edit their reviews. I won't say "can't" because Airbnb seems to generally be in chaos right now, but it's clearly not supposed to be possible.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lizzie @Katie 

I'm throwing myself upon your mercy.

Both guests and I have reached out to support.  One guest got a response:  the review will not be removed.

Yet it is a breach of Airbnb's CONTENT POLICY, which reads in part: "content that is sufficient to identify a listing’s location...is never allowed on Airbnb."

Both of these guests named the street, which is the only street with that name in the state of Maine.  It's a remote dirt road with only three houses on it.  Thus, it would be very, very easy to identify the listing's location with only the street name.

I've written support again about both reviews but am posting now to ask if you can see to an escalation.

BTW, it's just coincidence that two reviews in a row named the street - funny because that's never happened before.

I wonder, @Ann72 , if it is not "just coincidence" that two reviews in a row mention a thing. I think some guests look at previous reviews to write theirs -- I often have two or three in a row that mention a certain aspect in a certain way. They will say the river's name, for instance, or that the stars are magical. The trend right now in my reviews is "more comfortable than I thought". 

Which is great. Underselling and overdelivering at its best.  🙂

I predict your next guest will wax poetic (doggerel-ic?) about the street, too. 

@Lawrene0  That's funny about the trend you're seeing and I'm sure it goes on a lot.  In this case they checked out on the same day and wrote the reviews within hours of one another so neither could see the other's review.  They were for two different places, too, so if they were reviewing recent reviews of the place they had stayed in they wouldn't have seen it anyway.  But I'm going to watch for those review-phrase trends and figure out a way to encourage them 😂

They chatted with each other on the road? "You know what @Ann72 's reviews need is some mention of this road's name."

"You're right! They do!"

@Lawrene0 🤣🤣🤣 One does wonder!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ann72, thanks for the tag and I'm so sorry to hear that you've got this issue. I've been in touch with Support so will send you a DM now with more info 🙂

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ann72 

What is wrong with people? I'm sure it's an honest mistake, but what a stupid thing to do!

No, I don't think the problem is with getting the reviews removed, even if one of your guests was told otherwise, as they clearly breach Airbnb policy. The real issue is WHEN. When will you finally get Airbnb CS to sort it out?

If there's any way you can get on to Airbnb on the phone, I would do it. This is a security matter and it's important. They need to deal with it urgently.