Two superhosts walk into an Airbnb...

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Two superhosts walk into an Airbnb...

Dear fellow hosts,

A Toronto host had this to deal with this week:

ALairbnb.PNG

Eee! I met @Alexandra  for the Toronto leg of @Lizzie's  tour and we, Alexandra and I, shared an Airbnb!

I know! If you were the host, you would have been on the phone to CS, right?

First of all, we had never met IRL before. So "guest met a stranger downtown". 

Secondly, although I have had great luck hosting superhosts, that has not been Alexandra's or some other hosts' experience. And two of them at once? What a nightmare.

Good thing we could give him loads of advice on how to handle guests like us...

🙂

17 Replies 17
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Was this intended for someone specific? Sorry, I am not sure I am following most of this

@Inna22 wrote:

Was this intended for someone specific? Sorry, I am not sure I am following most of this

I would say "any of this."

@Susan151 Someone hasn’t been reading Lizzie’s travel journal...tut tut tut!

@Ann72 wrote:

@Susan151 Someone hasn’t been reading Lizzie’s travel journal...tut tut tut!

You are right. I didn't even know there was a Lizzie travel journal. Oh dear. Now I will have to find it, find the time to read it, and be back at the big table with the cool kids for lunch.

@Susan151 Community Updates, which you can read at lunch as long as you’re not having any wine.

(You made me guffaw early on a Sunday morning, which is probably against the blue laws of New York and Massachusetts both.)

All good @Susan151 , I’ll mind your chair!  🙌🏼🌻 (PS: I also was late to the party as I was very busy for a week..... so offering comfort.....)

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I'm sorry, @Inna22 and @Susan151 , for not being clear. Alexandra is a host I have met here in the forum, as much as any of us "meet" here, and she and I met for the first time in real life this week at the Toronto Airbnb Host Listening Tour. 

We both needed to stay in town, and so we stayed together at an Airbnb. 

We have both seen threads about hosts not being pleased about hosting other hosts, especially about hosting superhosts. Alexandra has had a couple of negative experiences herself with superhost guests.

We were actually good guests who respected the space and left a five-star review. 

@Lawrene0 And did you like where you stayed? Did you learn anything from your host that will make your hosting better? Are you leaving a 5-star review? How was the Listening Tour? Anything you would like to share?

Oh yes, @Susan151 , as I said, we did leave a five-star review. And, yes, I always learn from the hosts with whom I stay. It is a great exercise. This listing was very different from my own, but it is always good to see what guests see. 

The Listening Tour was very good, very well organised and run, and I am grateful to have been there. I think the videos are going to be posted, and announcements made, so those will be of more worth, but I can say that I did feel it was true listening.  

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lawrene0 @Alexandra

Now why wasn't I invited? 

We could have completely turned some hosts life upside down!

Cheers......Rob

An-Maré0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

@Lawrene0 @Alexandra316 I'm currently hosting a super host.  What a pleasure.  A super host understands all the effort you have put in place to host your guests.  They even complimented me on my nice place and took photo's of my cottage as it was prepared for them to go and implement the same at their place.  I love hosting super hosts!

@Lawrene0 @Alexandra

Sounds like you guys had fun~ I am very envious of all the hosts who got to be a part of @Lizzie's  tour. 

Hopefully next time Seoul will be on the itinerary.... fingers crossed 🙂 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

You lucky things!  (and I got it immediately, does that mean I still spend too long on the forum?)

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Hey that sounds like great fun @Lawrene0 - good for you. I imagine I’ll be waiting a long while for a “listening tour” to reach my part of the globe! Hahaha