UK Government guidelines preventing guests from leaving Covid hotspot areas

Alexandra199
Level 10
Gretton, United Kingdom

UK Government guidelines preventing guests from leaving Covid hotspot areas

Can any UK hosts  please tell me what they think will happen, in the UK, if the Government orders that people from Covid19 hotspot areas are not allowed to leave those areas to travel. In some areas of Wales this is currently the case.

I have noticed recently that guest profiles do not state where exactly the guests lives, it just says 'Lives in England'. This means that as a host I am unable to establish whether the guests are breaking the law by travelling to stay in my cottage. I accept that most guests are responsible and will contact me to cancel if they are under restrictions, but some people aren't and I do not want to host people breaking UK law.

Of course, we don't get to see guest address details either. What do you think everyone because I think this is on it way on Monday?

3 Replies 3
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Alexandra199  from across the miles down under in New Zealand.

I've been following with interest the Judicial Reviews ( note plural) across the world including in the UK and think perhaps it's best to see what Courts of Laws in England come up with - there's the Rule of 6 amongst others in Courts this week. Then there's the Barrington Petition to factor into account.

@Helen350 @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Mike-And-Helen0 @Huma0 and others based in UK.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

This is a tricky one. I am also not convinced that all guests will be honest about stuff if they really want the booking. I have already found this with a couple of guests previously who told me one thing when they booked and only let slip later that their situation was actually quite different, e.g. one told me he had been quarantining for three weeks, when it later transpired he had just been following lock down restrictions, not quarantining at all, and had only been back in the country nine days. 

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

It is truly strange to me that many people still believe in quarantine as a way to avoid problems).