UK hosts please stop advertising your place for 'co-vid' retreats and putting others at risk

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

UK hosts please stop advertising your place for 'co-vid' retreats and putting others at risk

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/apr/06/minister-condemns-airbnb-hosts-offering-covid-19-...

So ashamed to see some UK hosts are taking advantage of the recent pandemic and advertising their place 'as Co-vid retreats' contrary to recent legislation in the UK that bans all STRs except for those housing key workers, those attending a funeral (and other essential visits).

Don't you care that you are helping spread the risk of the virus in your community, or do you live somewhere else and don't care that you are putting others in another community at risk.

Airbnb you put a block on hosts with shared homes from advertising their listing. Why don't you do the same for those with whole listing in the UK, unless they are signed up to host through your key worker scheme.

70 Replies 70

@Helen427  Almost another 20,000 humans have died from coronavirus worldwide in the past 30 hours. Your posts pre-COVID always made you appear to be a person who had a lot of compassion for her fellow humans and the rest of the natural world. I'm shocked that you are posting your conspiracy theory/virus denials all over the forum. They're quite offensive. I'm sure there are many other online forums where you can exchange these types of posts with others whose beliefs you share. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Sarah977 

please look up the name HON/ HAN LIK and the links to WUHAN, CHINA.

Factor into account timelines including legislation, Smokefree intent of various nations from when smoking transits from leaf form to additives and then introduction of cessation products and how he has exploited weaknesses in our regulations as well.

He has seen a target market which he has expanded world wide.

His billionaire empire is completely unregulated, as other others in the same field who have profited whilst causing far more damage than the ole tobacco leaf growing in ones garden and yes people have died as people are not factoring into account his contribution to this situation we are in..

Philp Morris have spoken as recently as January about there concerns about the industry. They and JUULU were intending to set up in India where e-cigarettes have been banned.

I care very much about what's happened world wide and have throughout our New Zealand summer worn my Italian designed and I printed singlet's / t-shirts as a way to acknowledge my compassion and concern to those in Italy.

It's not at all a conspiracy theory as you have incorrectly stated, I rely on factual evidence, including chronological order and context of matters at stake.

We have had cases and discussion here in NZ going back in time where people have died etc from related synthetic substances which is exactly what e-cigarettes / e-hookah etc are that China dominate the market of.

@Helen427  I don't understand why you keep injecting posts about the dangers of e-cigs and vaping here when we are talking about staying safe during coronavirus. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Sarah977  the link is back to China...they lack regulations in general terms. 

Whilst there are those who have their own back yard types of smoking like  green grass stuff, China don't disclose the same transparency with those products produced in it's own country. 

Penn University have a very good discussion paper about China's background & role with e-cigs/ vapes that provides a valuable insight why we are in Corona virus/ Covid 19.

Sorry but I'd put the links up but am on a device I'm currently unable to.

There's been a world wide explosion in pockets of the world due to the second hand exposures of a very unregulated industry and trend that has replaced and is probably far worse than the tobacco we grew up with.

Staying safe will only come if we address China's cause of Corona virus of which there's clear links in the wider world to where those devices & substances have been used , including in our homes.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

The realty is there are people been displaced everywhere around the world.

Maybe for whatever reason they have been staying in an ABB & they can no longer stay there for all manner of reasons, family members coming to stay is just one, think about it logically and compassionately folks.

Homelessness is a very real issue.

WHO and it's partners have much to answer for failing to address long standing disease issues caused by increased use of E-cigarettes and such like - it's the Elephant in the room that's caused this issue. - think about it logically and historically and where they are manufactured....

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

There was plenty of warning of the lock down in the UK and borders being closed. @Helen427  The numbers of those choosing to stay in the UK rather than go to their permanent home is small.

There is provision for them in the legislation anyway.

Obviously families can't come and stay we are in lock down.

Our problem in the UK is those with second homes and those booking STRs choosing to continue to travel for leisure purposes (I have posted lots of links about this in my earlier posts).

The logical and compassionate approach to minimise the risk of the spread of the virus by staying at home unless it is essential to go out or for daily exercise.

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

@Helen427 

Searching for some kind of connection between the e-cigarettes,  5G networks, solar eclipses , "Еvent 201"  and the COVID-19  is not very promising point of view.

When something can not be explained easy, it doesn't mean that there is no explanation at all.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Dimitar27 @Helen3

Dark Winter Bill Gates 2001 must also be on that list!!

Remember in the year 1999 or there about the idiocy about the clock & year of computers failing & fear that was spread?

Ditto Dr Siuoxsie Wiles, Dr Lance Jennings, and Dr Mike/ Michael G Baker - Public Health Advisor in New Zealand with the word PANDEMIC & it also goes back further , indeed it goes back to around 1980's and public health policies & social engineering.

The later to have had long connections to World Health Organisation and Jennings has been a Director, they are idiots.

Dr Mike Baker is an irresponsible lunatic who owns a 21 room house that has parties that claimed to have exceeded up to 1000 people which had a collapsed balcony in St Georges Bay Rd, Parnell Auckland in 2005, NZ Herald article,  which resulted in 14 people admitted to hospital and use of the same "essential services" we are all in lock down world wide for.

Incidentally incidents in his own property where he doesn't live have also occurred in some ABB rentals that we from time to time read about...

Look up and read his Research papers for the last 30 years , you couldn't have written a more accurate script.

Scare mongering and lack of accountability by academics must come to and end as they have ruined lives and the world's economy.

Alas what would we know as they are "Scientists", Scientists who lack common economic sense.

Maybe I should message one of my last guests who had a long time senior IT jobs at a software company in the USA to find out as he was totally over the lunacy at said company.

He said life is so much better away from America, and traveling the world staying in ABB the last 3 years on his comfortable retirement.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Helen427  I started this thread about issues to do with UK hosts and our restrictions in the UK relating to STRs.

why are you making posts that in no way relate to this?

please stop.

I’m sure  there are other more relevant forums you can use to discuss your theories.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Helen3  it has everything to do with this issue arising and as a health professional I'd expect better.

One looks at the whole person & wider picture as to the cause and prevention of a virus.

lock downs do nothing to address the original cause or stopping the spread of Coronavirus which is on record as been highly probably linked to the use of vapes/ e-cigarettes that have infiltrated society due to the serious damage they are doing to peoples lungs and lives.

Deaths were reported to the FDA  in USA in the middle of last year citing lung damage prior to November when WUHAN are known to know about it.

Singapore have has cases of double lung transplants directly linking back to the illegal trade and use of those products.

Sadly Italy and Europe and who knows where else appear to have been dumped with the product CHINA was unable to export to USA as it was picked up and reported as killing there before it became the serious issue it is in Europe & other places. 

Financial Times dated 19 September 2019 - "Asian countries move to ban e-cigarettes as global backlash grows"  - this is prior to the influx of deaths in Italy and Spain and is exactly why we have been having lockdowns world wide when it's the *beep* who created this problem who must be accountable.

Unless we all address the selling and use of the products that have caused this virus STR lockdowns won't stop the spread of it it is simply stopping innocent people not been able to go about their lives and causing unnecessary harm.

take care 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Helen427 Please STOP your NONSENSE!

-Even if your theories were to be correct, this thread is about the RESPONSIBILITIES OF UK HOSTS at this time of Covid-19. 

- No more meandering off topic, please, it's distracting for those who want to stay on topic!