URGENT! Double booking on my property 30/05-01/06 - 2 guests, 2-bed flat needed in W12, W11 or W10

Tamara2
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

URGENT! Double booking on my property 30/05-01/06 - 2 guests, 2-bed flat needed in W12, W11 or W10

Dear All, 

Some time ago Airbnb had a glitch where even if your days were blocked if you had instant book on, guests could still book on blocked dates. This happened to me. I have family coming over end of May but someone instant booked my flat for 2 nights 30/05-01/06 for 2 guests. 

I am based in Shepherds Bush and have 2-bedroom garden flat. 

I can cancel with Airbnb as it is their fault, but the guest is really nice and want to help her instead first, if I can. 

Does anyone have a flat available on those dates, please? 

If so, please respond asap. Thank you. 

Best

Tamara

2 Replies 2
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Tamara2,

Welcome to the Community Center. I am sorry to hear your worry here. 

Due to the time restriction on this, I would recommend contacting the Support Team directly about this and informing them of the situation. Here is a useful Community Guide (created by a host here in the CC) on the ways to do this. 

If you can, please do let me know how you get on. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Digna10
Level 1
Yucca Valley, CA

I am detailed when managing my calendars, whether personal, business or Airbnb and have always been, I keep an all inclusive calendar where I mark personal, business and Airbnb events manually (Google calendars). I also print as best I can (you guys don't make that easy) the Airbnb calendar and additionally keep an Airbnb guest calendar with names and dates I manage manually (again on Google calendars) and print. Twice now I've had guest requests overlap with another guest's stay. I resolved the previous by declining the guest request. Not the best solution IMO as I gave up 4 nights rental. Today again I received a request from Oct 16 to Oct 18. That means if the arriving guest comes early and the departing guest hasn't left there's a problem. It also means that I don't have sufficient time to properly clean and sanitize the property which I must do. Please help me find a solution to this problem, which may stem from guests not reading the posted calendar to the posted calendar not being available to them so they can see availability. Thanks. Digna