Uber drivers going to Airbnb

Joan231
Level 1
Terrytown, LA

Uber drivers going to Airbnb

FYI. I have been living here for 27 years. Never had a problem with break-ins. Now that rideshare comes to my house for my guest, I had an attempted break in. Please tell your guest not to say that this is an Airbnb. 

5 Replies 5
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Airbnb = Facebook of lodging. 

Your business is everyone's business

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

If you don't want your guests telling others that they're staying in an Airbnb, you have to tell them that's the expectation. Let them know when they book or when they arrive.

I'm actually not sure why an Airbnb would be more of a security risk than a traditional rental. Why do you feel that a theif would be more likely to want to break into an Airbnb?

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Joan231: Sounds like more of an assumption than aything else. Uber / Lyft have been showing up here for years to pick up guests and we have never had any issues. 

After 27 years in this house, never had a problem. Why my house along this street. I have a policeman living across the street. My house is the only Airbnb in the neighborhood. It's just a word of caution. 

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

I don't understand why that would make your home an easier target. If anything this signals to would-be burglars that a host is going to be home a lot.