Unable to Find Listing and Poor Customer Support

Unable to Find Listing and Poor Customer Support

Hello Everyone, 

I am new to using Airbnb. 1 week ago I created a hosting account and listed my home with the intention of renting it during a huge event (Waste Management Open - Golf Tournament) in Arizona. My account has been verified and listing status says "listed." However, my listing does not show up in any search results. The tournament is in a couple weeks so I do not have a lot of time to resolve the issue. I have called Airbnb customer support 3 times and could not be more dissapointed with them. Each time I called, they said that there is a technical issue with my profile and that they have opened/escalated my ticket. I have not received one follow up email or any form of communication from technical support. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? Is how unresponsive Airbnb customer support usually is? 

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi @Barbara799 ,

I noticed there is a indeed a issue with your profile, it not active (404):

https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/165401251

So your listing is also not active:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=165401251

Sorry to read you have this bad experience with Customer Services

Maybe try: https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Best regards, Emiel

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Barbara799,

Yes, there is some issue with your profile as it can't be viewed by clicking on your profile photo in this forum and then on the "view profile" buttons. Doing so gives a "page not found" error.

I've frequently contacted support by messaging them on Twitter at "@AirbnbHelp" and found them to be responsive and helpful. I've never phoned them. Some hosts here report a better experience on Twitter than on the phone.

I hope it's sorted for you.

Steve.

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Barbara799 Here a YouTube video that explains it perfectly. 

https://youtu.be/PAswVl_KZVU

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rene-and-Zac0    You're a card you are!!!! ;-))

@Barbara799 A 404 error message is most often a client-side Error which means that either the page has been removed, or moved and the URL was not changed accordingly, in other words it's content has been cut and pasted into another listing!!

This very often happens where fraud is concerned!

Cheers....Rob

@Robin4 No Honey, I’m not a “card”, I’m the whole deck.

Get into that! 

‘You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rene-and-Zac0.......Well, just remember there are a lot of loosing cards in a deck....would have just prefered to have thought of you as an 'ace' myself!!

Cheers......Rob

Hi Rob, 

Could you explain a little more? How would fraud be a part of this? Are you saying that someone copied and pasted the content that I posted? I did experience issues when I was writing my listing. I saved all of the content and then for whatever reason, it did not update. I then wrote everything in MS word and copied and pasted it into airbnb. Does this have anything to do with it? 

Is it possible to delete my account and create a new one? I have still not received an explanation from support so I feel like that might be my best option. I just do not want to do it, if it is not possible or will cause further complications. 

Thank you for your help. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Barbara799   Hey I don't mean to be alarmist, I only brought that up as a possibility. It has happened in the past. A profile is copied and pasted to a site which purports to be Airbnb but if you look closely at the address line of the listing it will 'not' start with the small green padlock and the words Airbnb, inc. [US]  as per this screenshot......

Genuine listing.pngThe address line here tells us this is a genuine Airbnb listing.

If it is a fake site, and although looking to all intents and purposes like a genuine site, the address line will look like this.......

Fake Listing.png

When in doubt about the authenticity of a listing always look at that address line.

Now Barbara I am not saying this is the case here, it was just an option that can happen. It is more likely that somewhere in your wanderings on your profile you have accidentally ended up with your account settings and inadvertantly closed your account....I say that because your Airbnb profile does not exist.

I would, for a start follow this link, and this will take you straight to the tech team to review the current status of your account.......

https://www.airbnb.com.au/review_your_account

If you do this Barbara an agent who has access to your account details will be able to track what has happened to this account of yours.

This is not just a visibility issue Barbara.....as far as Airbnb are concerned you are not an account holder.

Can you please keep me informed here Barbara, I do have a small amount of knowledge in this area and I may be able to guide you, but I can't advise anything until you have an active profile.

Cheers......Rob