Unbelievable! Pervert leaves a review.

Unbelievable! Pervert leaves a review.

We are so disappointed with Airbnb support.  We had a perverted male guest that posted about our children's photos in his review.  Saying that he "enjoyed their creamy photos".  We found the photos removed from the frames.  We have a welcome photo that advertises our children's local travel show, inviting guests to watch their daily show for tips and suggestions while on vacation.  We have NEVER had a problem in four years.  Support refuses to remove the review.  They insist that the review reflects the guest's opinion and is allowed.  The support agent has conveyed that she too would be upset and want that particular review removed.  However, she does not have the authority to do so and no one can help.  This is appalling to us.  We can't convey our disappointment and our shock that airbnb is allowing this behavior.  

7 Replies 7
Angelica-Y-Jorge0
Level 10
Mazatlán, Mexico

@Christopher375 so sorry this happened to you. This is so wrong on so many levels.

This does violate Airbnb's content policy as it is sexually explicit and you do 100% have the ability to remove it. I think you got the wrong agent. I would suggest posting on Twitter to get the quickest action out of Airbnb, try again to call with a different customer service agent and quote the content policy below.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/546/airbnbs-content-policy

• Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity, or that is sexually explicit, violent, graphic, threatening, or harassing

Hope this helps.

I know it's too late for you to review him back but I hope Airbnb can take further action to ban this guest's profile.

Jorge
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Christopher375 I read the review. He said "The host and his family", he didn't mention children specifically. But it's still weird.

Call them out on their Twitter account. Mention Trust and Safety. They should take the review down.

And it's really not a good idea to have photos of your children in a listing. These are complete strangers, you have no idea about their possible perversions.

Is the newest and most effective way to reach Airbnb through Twitter? Seriously? 

@Debra48 It can be the most effective way as the one thing Airbnb hates the most is bad publicity!

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Christopher375  One thing you can do is to have Airbnb take your review of the guest down.  You gave him a glowing review and even offered a future discount.  Since your opinion of this creeper has changed, ask Airbnb to take it down.  This is allowed under authorship rules.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Christopher375 ,

Sorry to hear about his awful experience. I've pinged the the team regarding this case. Feel free to drop me a DM if you need.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Support finally removed the review in lieu of everything.  Thank you for your input everyone.  We have hosted around 1,000 times thru airbnb and this is the first major issue we have had like this.