Understanding monthly earnings on the Stats page

Elliot4
Level 2
New York, NY

Understanding monthly earnings on the Stats page

Hey everyone,

I have a few questions regarding how the monthly earnings at the top of the 'Stats' page are calculated.

If the display states that I'm earning $X in August, how is this calculated? Are bookings that span more than one month split, counting revenue for nights in August only in the August revenue and subsequent September nights in next month's September earnings display? What about AirBnB fees - are the figures presented pre or post fees?

Essentially, since I pay rent monthly, I'm currently relying on the monthly earnings section to determine how I'm doing, but if 'August Earnings' is actually including a reservation that passes into September, my calculations would be thrown off. Same deal if this isn't a sum of actual bank deposits, but rather gross revenue before AirBnb deductions.

Thanks!

8 Replies 8
Sophia7
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

1. They only show you your Net Earnings

2. It is based on check in day. If they check in on August 29th and stay for 2 weeks it will be in August earnings. 

Thanks!

I wish there were a few more features to analyze earnings; what is available is pretty rudimentary.

@Elliot4

I keep my own handy dandy google spreadsheet. I put the guest name, the nightly price and then I do subs for each month. I also deduct any amounts I spend on supplies for their stays. It's already been really helpful for me to figure out which rates wheren't worth the trouble and which one's were. 

Kate221
Level 5
Atlanta, GA

Do the nett earnings include the cleaning fee, as there is a section below it for the cleaning fee. I agree, they are VERY rudamentary statistics. It needs a far better breakdown!

If you look below the graph you will see that they do include cleaning fees in net earnings.

I have the same question.

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

Relay on something real-your bank account statement. There is no better statistic, than the transaction history.

Shaun-and-Amber0
Level 1
St. Petersburg, FL

OKay, so... the total on the bar graph is your total income AFTER cleaners get their pay out... correct?