Unfair Reviews and Unfair handling by Airbnb

Jeetender0
Level 2
Goa, India

Unfair Reviews and Unfair handling by Airbnb

Hello Lovely People 

Hope everyone is doing well 

I have been a host for almost 4 years now and have had the ups and downs like all of us . Off late I see that the Airbnb support Ambassadors are not trying to get deeper into questions raised by us and announce their decision too quickly 

A guest was planted in our listing recently by the Competitor and the review only speaks about the host and only a fraction about the listing . I called it unfair and against the content policy but no one's listening 

Can the community help / suggest what next 

12 Replies 12
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Jeetender0  If you have proof that the guest was planted by a competitor, then you should take that to Airbnb.

It's always best to communicate by chat so that you can link the portion of policy that is relevant. Astoundingly, most CS reps aren't familiar with policy. 

Why should we have to train their employees??

@Tina374 because without that you will be all suffering. And the entire community with you. Unfortunately 😞

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Jeetender0 I would definitely be asking that review to be removed. It accuses Airbnb itself of fraud. 

In the meantime, I would use your opportunity to respond to the review. I would consider staying something like: 

"This is a retailiatory review that was posted after we had to stop the guest from having a party.  As you can see from our previous great reviews, this review does not reflect an accurate experience at our property. We work very hard to maintain our great repuation, and are happy to report that it's appreciated by the vast majority of our great guests."

Love the comeback. Unfortunately it still affects your superhost status.

@Tina374  which is why I also suggested how to get  it removed... If that doesn't work, the best thing to do is at least respond.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jeetender0 Sadly this case illustrates the difficulty Airbnb has with reviews. Both you and the guest left very negative reviews and there is no real way of telling which is true. All you can probably do is respond as suggested in this thread.

Tina374
Level 2
Florida, United States

Let it go!! It will be a big waste of your time an AirBnB wont do anything. Save yourself the stress.. I personnaly am tired of wasting time over lied reviews with AirBnB. Customer is always right with them. Very fustrating.

I really agree with you here 

@Tina374more of the cases like this we "let go," longer Airbnb won't do anything to fix them. Yes, it's frustrating and yes it's waste of our time but without it we are all sinking and getting nowhere. Believe me, working with Aribnb for 7 years and knowing how brilliant company they used to be, lately I puke every time I see their name. We sadly have come way down the hill in a quality of service, communication, tools, tech support,... 😞

Victor2536
Level 2
Manatí, Puerto Rico

@Jeetender0  @Alexandra316  @BenkaandKeith0  @Tina374  @Mike-And-Jane0 

I completely agree with you. Airbnb is a huge computer that does not feel or read the reviews, it only sees numbers and responds according to the numbers and then sends threatening messages to take away our privileges. Sometimes they are even rude. I have most of my reviews, excellent, but an inscrupulous guest comes and puts some bad numbers and even lies are invented and it affects us. Then the computer is here, it claims us and their assistants do not make decisions, even reading the responses of the guests, which are illogical. This platform is only interested in making money and not in having a good quality of guests. I recommend that you choose a week for everyone to stop renting our properties and I know that when their pockets affect them and their stocks fall in the stock market, then they will listen to us. I still don't think they read this, because I've never read the CEO's comment and do their best to help us. THE PLATFORM IS NOT FAIR

You have a point and sadly, the right one @Victor2536   It's disappointing to know this company was a perfection in 2014, truly the best of the best. Great values in place, educated staff, dynamic platform that eventually changed when something did not work as it should. Those times are gone.  We still have the envelope on our desk addressed to the CEO @Brian to tell him fantastic job! Then we got busy hosting, opening the doors of our home to thousands. It may be time to send that envelope off. AIRBNB IS THE MOST DYSFUNCTIONAL IN 2021 THAT HAS EVER BEEN. And do not blame COVID ...