Unfortunately, we were not able to authorize your account.

Diane1
Level 1
Gulfport, Florida, United States

Unfortunately, we were not able to authorize your account.

I've been with AIR for over a year. The last few days, it won't let me sign into my account through FB... the error message in title is what keeps popping up. Help!

102 Replies 102
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Diane1,

Thanks for posting this. I am sorry to hear you are having problems with this. I would retry logging in as a little time has passed now and if you still continue to have this error I would contact the Airbnb Support Team and they will look into why this is happening. 

Is anyone else experiencing any problems with this? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Robert12
Level 1
Berkeley, California, United States

I am as well.

Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

I have been getting this message for the last 24 hours when I try to login with Facebook.  

I can't login any other way because I have no idea what my password is for my Airbnb account because I always login with Facebook!   As I can't login, I can't access the Help Centre to get assistance and I can't operate my account in any way.  

This is annoying and costly.  For the first time ever I wanted to generate a request through the resolution centre as my last guest managed to trash 3 towels with green and red dye and pilfered several face washers.  Not a huge amount, but am pissed off enough to request she pay for them.  Now, the 48 hour window has passed and I haven't be able to lodge it.

Me too, couldn't amend my page on web

I can't authorize my FB account to use airbnb at all on my PC now. "Unfortunately, we were not able to authorize your account." Good job, guys.

Tobechi0
Level 1
Benin City, Edo, Nigeria

I am as well. I have been trying to complete a booking to Rome but I keep being asked to log into my account (which is weird since I already am logged in). When I attempt to log in this message keeps popping up. Please help.

Yep, I'm getting the same error.

I don't have the issue as I never logged in via another account, only directly via mail. But what I found out with several other bugs: they never affect both, the website and the app. If you manage a listing all year round, it's a really good idea to install the app on a phone or tablet to have a second way to manage your business. If you can't change house rules on a computer, you can do it in the app, if you can't write a review in the app, you can do it on a computer, change prices on one or the other, if it's one of those days, where prices are hard to change. 

Generally, on Apple, Safari works fine for the website, but has limited functions for the community center. So two browseres on the same computer are a good idea too.

Melana0
Level 1
Atlanta, Georgia, United States

This is happening to me too!! So annoying because I am logged on as we speak. But as soon as I try to go to my listings or other places I taken back to thte login in screen. When I click the facebook link I receive the message that they are unable to authorize my account. 

Exactly the message I am getting too.

I have a guest coming soon.  So what does this mean?

Same problem here. I have a pending request and can't reply. I am upset as this will affect my response rate and probably I ll lose the chance to make ths booking.

ive been getting this for the past month. it's really annoying. name is Sam Frons

Fabio12
Level 1
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I am

Hi i have been having this problem ever since the beginning of the year. I can look and search up places but when I need check on my previous trips or my account it wont let me. Please help