Unique way to share recommendations with guests

James690
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Unique way to share recommendations with guests

As a host, I am always on the lookout for little touches that add character to my home and delight my guests. One easy idea that works for me is to display a poster that shows local recommendations on a map. To that end, I decided to make a tool that makes creating these posters really easy. I am a one-man shop operating out of San Francisco. I personally handle all orders. Shipping is free. I provide great customer service 🙂 As a host myself, I think you will find these maps useful, but if they're not quite right for you, I would love to hear that feedback.

Link to tool: www.irlmap.com

IMG_1210.jpg

Cheers, 

James

4 Replies 4
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@James690 That is a great idea. Our Chamber of Commerce puts out a guide with map for our beach town, which I have available for guests. One question: How is what you are offering different than various phone apps out there that show similar things?

@Rebecca181 I put a link for our local chamber in our guide book as well. It lists all the Action going on in town and really they do a great job promoting the area.

Can’t you screen shot google maps and print it out too? 

‘You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

Which phone apps? I would love to take a look. These maps are specifically designed to be printed and displayed at your home or business (that might be one distinction from the phone app). They even include the "You are here" point 🙂 I personally only add places that I really, really love. It is like my secret diary of hidden gems... 

Some hosts also let guests take them as souvenirs...  Place a little stack of them in a room with a "take one" sign.

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Rene-and-Zac0 Great idea! I have such a link to my Chamber, it is very informative. I shall get that into my guide book as well.