Unity is strength

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Unity is strength

Salut Everyone,

Below, is the link to the next campaign film.

I Will Always Love You I Made possible by Host I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/BrgvxO1tFOc

" Inspiring, joyous and hearth touching "" Inspiring, joyous and hearth touching "

In my personal thought?

Assume to help to run The Campaign Successfully, we as a host should be United. Therefore - Made possible by Hosts -

We should forward and shared the campaign films on all the social media with our love once, family, friends and everyone we know.

Encourage them to forward to others and continue to pass on........

However, I have done it's. If we are united then our power will be much stronger. We can show the power of strength.

Unity is strength.

Landslide I Made possible by Hosts I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/5BJdIbwLBlk

Sweet Child O'MineI Made possible by Hosts I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/SIMJKZvNAOA

Forever Young I Made possible by Hosts I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/3oQ721__9yg

Please Click, Like and Share!

63 Replies 63
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

I noticed on Twitter Brian Chesky sent a tweet:

https://twitter.com/bchesky/status/1363956872638726146

I threw up in my mouth a little.

Salut @Anonymous 

a little of?

I knew that. it's not surprising to me.

@Dale711  What got regurgitated was frustration, that the host recruitment campaign so far has invested all its resources in dumb sentimental video clips preying on cheap nostalgia, instead of on building a better product for hosts and restoring some of the trust they've lost in the past year.

Once again, they're showing that they have no interest in improving their game, they just want more cheerleaders.  Well Dale and Dan, I guess you guys are right out front with the pom-poms; hope you can still do the splits.

Salut @Anonymous ,

Thank you for your clarifying. 
You’re absolutely right at some point.

2020, was a hard year and it’s still going, this is probably the most isolated than we’ve been in human history.
Nevertheless, Airbnb race this massive Campaign with it’s equally budget.

That is better to have it, than to have nothing.

It’s not easy to clarify the values, because of their sheer breath.

Not to satisfaction, but still helpful.   

In my thoughts, It’s has a great sentimental value.

Le “ L’ education sentimentale. Sur France 🇫🇷 Culture.” 

One of my guests ruined my furniture and I immediately called Airbnb to remediate and all they said was,
spoke with the guest and the guest says that they will not pay for it?  What? What kind of policy is that!!!! Do not become a host! They will use you to like a tool! You will be their Pawn! 

Salut @Nicholas546,

I can't imagine how you must feel that your guest doesn't wish to pay for it.

I understand the gravity of your situation.

In the future, if you decide to host again, your problem may be solved if you buying second-hand furniture for the listing.

Beside to save up money, recycle, repurpose and uniqueness.

On top of it all, when your guest ruined it by accident, they ask you 

"Where did you get that great piece of furniture?"

you can say you made it all yourself!

Look! you have a dozen of great reviews in the past from 2017 to 2020.

Guests are a satisfaction to stay in your Airbnb home.

Sincerely hope you would not give up hosting because of one incident.

Happy Hosting

Best, 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

My emojis aren't working or I would have had 3 of the green face nauseated ones.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Sarah977 , @Anonymous ;

My emojis are working, 🤮🤮🤮 

9D931CF2-81B2-4815-AB0A-AA2D7EE5BBD8.jpeg

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

Film? More like the silly FB doggo vids  

"Fluff yeah, you gib my rubs I gib you licks" 

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @John5097 ,

This is Airbnb’s first global ad campaign in five years.

Made possible by hosts”. Airbnb TV commercials are visible across 5 countries

(Australia, Canada, France, the U.K., and the U.S.)

The “Made possible by hosts” campaign will be seen by 300 million people worldwide.👏 👏👏

In the 5 countries where it runs TV ads.As well all over the globe as ad videos on YouTube. 

"Says what you will"

@Dale711 Ok a commercial for social media, that makes sense, and would be a video. I thought it was supposed to be Brian discussing future of travel? Maybe that was another tread. I've only seen two interviews on Brian and was impressed. I was also confused by the vomit emojies. 

I acutually watch "What the fluff" videos on Facebook all the time. They kind of grab your attention. However, I had a recent guest who brought a fake service dog and ruined a bed spread. I love dogs, but like a lot of other host, don't want fake service dogs or ESA.  I would have a dog myself and have had two, but I live on a marsh and if they slip away it would be very difficult to find them again, and they could easily get stuck somewhere and would be like finding a needle in a haystack. 

Edit: I watch a lot of educational docs so would be kind of a BBC kind of person. I'll wait for another topic on dog policy, as they very around the world and even city by city and state by state in the US. As usual the US has more irresponsible and uneducated domestic animal policies that put public and animals at higher risk and ignore science and nature. 

Wanted to add this is my first year. I've considered allowing dogs, but wanted to do it properly and needed to do more research. This video says they stayed in a place that allowed dogs, but apparently there there is no way to include a pet fee when booking. For real service dogs I would like to include a dog bed, but at the same time its a high risk place for dogs. They will chaise after wildlife and be lucky to find them again so don't want to include rules like dogs have to stay off of bed and furniture as that would encourage bringing dogs to a place that isn't safe for them. As I said one guest showed up, sent me a message after check in saying they just noticed my place wasn't "pet friendly" that they had a "support dog", so I followed ABB policy. I noticed said support dog was running loose in the backyard chasing wildlife and bed spread was muddy and dog hair everywhere, under sheets, and under the mattress protector they must have removed that was covered in dog hair. The bed spread had some tears and mud stains. I think this would have been considered normal wear and tear so didn't file a claim. We all know how that goes. I also assumed someone with a support dog would have their own dog bed or ask for one. I sill have the dog bed and bed spread for my dog but simply wasn't prepared for a fake service dog. 

@John5097   The reason it's really gross to see Airbnb pushing to recruit dog-friendly hosts is that for years they have constantly refused to address the core problems with allowing animals in Airbnb homes:

1.  The Host Guarantee explicitly does not cover damage caused by pets

2.  Hosts can not collect a deposit of any kind, including a pet deposit

3. There's no feature to build pet fees into the booking process

4. The "emotional support animal" clause makes hosts feel forced to accept untrained pets that aren't appropriate for their homes, even when local laws don't require them to do so, creating only negative experiences with pet hosting.

These are all things that Airbnb has the power to change, especially considering how many members have been begging them to do so. A campaign announcing new changes and features to support hosts that accept pets could make a real difference and genuinely attract new pet-friendly listings into the fold.

Instead, we get a highlight reel of cute dog pictures. So I guess the new hosts Airbnb wants to recruit are about 10 years old.