Unity is strength

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Unity is strength

Salut Everyone,

Below, is the link to the next campaign film.

I Will Always Love You I Made possible by Host I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/BrgvxO1tFOc

" Inspiring, joyous and hearth touching "" Inspiring, joyous and hearth touching "

In my personal thought?

Assume to help to run The Campaign Successfully, we as a host should be United. Therefore - Made possible by Hosts -

We should forward and shared the campaign films on all the social media with our love once, family, friends and everyone we know.

Encourage them to forward to others and continue to pass on........

However, I have done it's. If we are united then our power will be much stronger. We can show the power of strength.

Unity is strength.

Landslide I Made possible by Hosts I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/5BJdIbwLBlk

Sweet Child O'MineI Made possible by Hosts I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/SIMJKZvNAOA

Forever Young I Made possible by Hosts I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/3oQ721__9yg

Please Click, Like and Share!

63 Replies 63
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi Helen.... What are STR's please? Tried googling no result. I assume this campaign is a primer for the big return to travel. And hopefully may initiate bookings in advance. I've had something for September.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen3 

STSs....? Can you help with this

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

I really don't get it. It looks like one of those Facebook story reels which cycles through all the picutres of your dog. I didn't make it through the whole thing. Sorry.

@Emilia42  I saw it a bit differently. To me, it looks like it was photographed from the dog's point of view, and the soundtrack is about the dog loving its human.

I found it quite emotional, actually. 

I think the whole idea is to appeal to the emotions. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

But what has it got to do with hosting @Michelle53 

@Helen3  I believe the general idea is to associate Airbnb stays with positive experiences, facilitated by hosts. 

It's not really about the host experience itself. In fact, the hosts are very much in the background, and not seen, apart from, for example, some hand written notes of welcome, and a brief intro at the beginning. "This Place Hosted by.....".

Salut @Michelle53@Helen3@Emilia42,

The stories tell, 

Carol found Jacopo’s dog-friendly Stone House in Miano, Italy for a trip to celebrate the 40th birthday with her husband, friends, and Golden Retriever Miso.

Who was grateful to explore new territory with the entire pack.

"This is just one of the millions of trips that take place on Airbnb, made possible by Hosts"

These Campaign feature " Pet-Friendly Home " 

Carol celebrate with her love once included Miso.

The event wouldn't happen without the Airbnb Dog-Friendly Home❤️🐶❤️

The theme song " I always love you" refecting dog loves us as much we love them.

"More space for everyone and Make Possible By Host"

Click like and share the video with your love once, friends and pass it on to others.

https://youtu.be/BrgvxO1tFOc

Hope you enjoyed the video!

Thank you!

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Thanks soo much for the chaarming video such a sweet faced dog! @Dale711 

Only reason I won't be sharing is because I don't want to host dogs as we have two cats!!

@Michelle53  The ads don't make their agenda obvious, but they're part of a broader push to recruit more new hosts. If it's successful, you can look forward to having your rental value driven down by an influx of competitors who are easy to manipulate with sentimental garbage.

@Anonymous   Creating a marketing campaign is basically about making a brand memorable. The only question to ask would be "is the campaign reaching its target market and helping people remember the brand"?. The most effective way to do that is appeal to the "gut reaction".   

I expect different people will react to different videos in the series, based on what they think is important. 

Whatever the intellectual arguments surrounding the campaign, my only question is "will this result in more bookings" ?    

Since I depend on the supplemental income, and have a separate space (which has been open since last June, after the lockdowns) I can't wait for people to start travelling again. 

Usually, our winter is quiet, but as we move into spring, the vaccine rollout progresses, and people come out to enjoy better weather, if "sentimental garbage" gets people moving, I'm in. 

Growing a business requires more hosts as well as more guests. My target market doesn't suffer from too many hosts. When people are travelling here for festivals and sporting events, accommodation  always fills up quickly. All kinds of accommodation. Once the event gets listed, and people buy a ticket, the very next thing they do is secure a place to stay. 

This particular campaign focuses on something not really related to my target market, but what I hear from friends and family is exactly what the campaign is about.  Everyone just wants to get out and meet friends, and have dinner, and walk on the lakefront, or the beach, and hug the babies and grandma, and all that. 

I just had my second vaccine shot yesterday. Two weeks more, and I can go out and have dinner at a restaurant, for the first time in 8 months. I'm pretty happy about that. I bet there's a whole lot of pent-up demand for simple things like that. 

Salut @Anonymous,

I regret to inform you of the result that,  just not the way you like it.

The latest update, Airbnb-defeat the competitor XXXX commercials have already hit the airwave, so much so that it helped create a buzz around an XXXX IPO. 

Airbnb "Make possible by host" went viral in 7 days with a 4.2 M view on the youtube channel.

👏  👏 👏  20k like!

download-1.jpg

Adraint was finishing up his bachelor’s degree and wanted to take a trip with the friends he’d got to know throughout college as one last experience together before they went their separate ways.

The group went to Cynthia’s The River Lodge in Wimberley, Texas, USA for kayaking, fun and a weekend to remember long after graduating. This is just one of the millions of real trips that take place every day on Airbnb, made possible by Hosts.

@Michelle53 
@Emilia42 

I agree the content of dogs would appeal to emotions and be effective in that way. It seemed like Brian was wanting to have some fun with a project but what also struck me was the overall very basic or low end production aspect, as Emilia noticed. Its kind of makes one wonder if this whole marketing project was funded by slush fund for host, and they decided to do it themselves? I guess that would be another topic, as corporations structure in a way to shuffle funds around, but a class of fifth graders could produce that vid in their first week of video editing class.  I don't mean anything negative about it. ABB is great at keeping my place booked. No complaints there! 

@John5097    I watched the pre-launch video Brian put out. His explanation of how the videos came about was that a photographer went to the various Airbnb locations pictured, and took a bunch of photos, which were later curated into videos, and  relevant sound tracks added. 

I'm not a professional video editor, so I can't really speak to production values. 

What we are going to know with some certainly is the source of the funds. Since all the financial reporting is now public, we'll be able to see what the marketing spend was  when the Q1 2021 financials are released.  One can compare Q4 2020 with Q1 2021. 

Here's the Q4 2020 Letter to Shareholders. 

https://s26.q4cdn.com/656283129/files/doc_financials/2020/q4/Airbnb_Q4-2020-Shareholder-Letter_Final...

@Michelle53 Comparing the total budget for marketing from quarter to quarter doesn't seem to be a high level of certainty. Besides my question was if this isn't considered marketing and instead promoting host as part of the fund to be spent on host. As I said I have no idea but that was the one thing that popped into head as it was called a film in the description but seems to be more of a video for social media. I really don't care that much although its interesting to learn how things are structured so thanks for the information and feel free to make another topic.  

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

I think the only answer is for Host critics to produce our own video(s). I liked what I saw and appreciated Brian's presentation particularly the way he stood alone. I was touched by that. I hadn't considered the point about there being insufficient representation about pet Hosting. Ah well another item for HAB to convey to the Exec. It will change. Surely its an easy one. Can we here amongst ourselves come up with a formula. What questions are needed? How can a deposit be collected?