Unity is strength

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Unity is strength

Salut Everyone,

Below, is the link to the next campaign film.

I Will Always Love You I Made possible by Host I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/BrgvxO1tFOc

" Inspiring, joyous and hearth touching "" Inspiring, joyous and hearth touching "

In my personal thought?

Assume to help to run The Campaign Successfully, we as a host should be United. Therefore - Made possible by Hosts -

We should forward and shared the campaign films on all the social media with our love once, family, friends and everyone we know.

Encourage them to forward to others and continue to pass on........

However, I have done it's. If we are united then our power will be much stronger. We can show the power of strength.

Unity is strength.

Landslide I Made possible by Hosts I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/5BJdIbwLBlk

Sweet Child O'MineI Made possible by Hosts I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/SIMJKZvNAOA

Forever Young I Made possible by Hosts I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/3oQ721__9yg

Please Click, Like and Share!

63 Replies 63
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

I'm a dog friendly host, and I still feel that this ad is very tone deaf considering Airbnb's staunch refusal to aknowledge or support hosts who choose to host pets. We've been asking for a way to collect pet fees for years: no acknowledgement. Pets are also specifically excluded from the Host Guarantee and as we're not allowed to collect a security deposit, we're left with no cover unless we're successfully able to collect for damages from the guest. 

I've also tried to travel with Airbnb with my dogs, but trying to find a pet friendly listing is a pain in the ass on the platform. Even if I've found a place, I've never had a really good experience as a guest with my dogs. It's also a ton of work sifting through listings: half the people who have allows pets checked on their listing don't know they have it there, or they have crazy restrictions (only allow dogs under 20 lbs, dogs have to be crated all the time, etc etc etc). I'm way more successful staying in hotels if I have them along. 

My suggestion to Airbnb would be to support hosts in hosting pets by making it easier to collect a fee, and allow some degree of protection. It would be great as a host and a guest to introduce a pet friendly badge or have more checkboxes so guests can more easily find a listing that works for them. 

I have enjoyed the other ads, but this one rubs me the wrong way, even though I love dogs and have three myself. Airbnb is not a good platform for pet friendly listings at the moment. 

@Alexandra316 , In my area, less than 10% of the listings are "Pet Friendly" (i suspect that a portion of them dont know they are listed as such like you said!), Bearpath Lodging is not one of them and never will be, our 8 year old rescue pup is not other pet friendly at all, neither are our Persian Carpets.  I can see the marketing potential for pet friendly and if your a 5 star listing that is easy to maintain with pets, your probably gonna love this campaign.   I just have a problem with them not targeting the majority of hosts with any marketing blitz especially when it implies pet friendly is something that is actually friendly to hosts, it certainly isn't as @Anonymous and you highlight. 

No pay for animal stay, No compensation for pet damages and No right to refuse non human guests without risking a ban or severe warning or horrible review/ rating is unacceptable policy (or should I say, Non-policy!).  Expensive  Marketing in that area is ridiculous in some ways unless you have more money than brains.  Not sure what they are thinking...   Stay well, JR

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Alexandra316   ...."My suggestion to Airbnb would be to support hosts in hosting pets by making it easier to collect a fee, and allow some degree of protection. It would be great as a host and a guest to introduce a pet friendly badge or have more checkboxes so guests can more easily find a listing that works for them". 

Inspired suggestions which seem very practical... there's a new structure being created with intermediaries from the Host Community joining the Exec to represent us... so maybe these proposals could go forward? There are prob going to be many but we'll just have to get through the list. Meantime @Alexandra316 what's to stop you asking for a Pet deposit and additional fees? How much would be realistic to ask for the stay and how much for a deposit? What's the worst damage that could be done and cover for that???? Sorry I'm not a dog person but just to help you think this through and to promote it.

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

@Mary996 @Alexandra316 

Very good points. I'm assuming this is Brian the CEO of ABB traveling with his dog? I've been impressed with the two interviews I've seen of him, and obviously a very remarkable individual, and I'm sure is a great guy and its really nice to see him take a down to Earth approach to share his own travels with his beloved pet, I'm glad many of us are trying to improve the process for accommodating pets. I would like to see guest check how many dogs, and have the same option to explain if the listing is suitable for dogs. For me I would allow dogs to have their own bed provided by me, that would also be washed between guest, dogs would need to be on a lead because its impossible for me to have a fence, keep off the bed and furniture, and they would need to exercise them, and clean up after them. I would rather not have to increase the rate for everyone just to cover the extra cleaning and wear and tear.

On a different note there is a lot that goes into making a video or film. I'm sure Brian could do anything he set his mind to but I would like to see more progress, and include a screen shot of how guest can use a check box to include their pets. Although I'm sure just having a cute and fuzzy ad will appeal to a lot of people as that's really popular on social media, there is a reason the ABB Plus listings include a professional photographer. 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@John5097 Yes... the story teller is Brian one of the Originators! 

I agree with you about the interviews and about this whole amazing initiative from which we are all benefitting. I do love how positive you are and I feel the same way and that where there are problems we can be party to resolving them and to getting things right. Its something that Brian and his friends started that I think will go on for ever with plenty of room for everyone to join who wants to - since a rising tide floats all boats.

I'm not in a position to take in dogs in my Listing... we have two cats... but am interested in trying to help to work out a way for those who want to take them in. I've decided further to what @Nicholas546  is saying that some kind of either collective UK Airbnb Insurance or Personal Insurance might be the way to go.

@Alexandra316 Has anyone tried to ask for a pet deposit? That would seem the most logical step. I'm thinking of asking for a deposit for any group booking....but am not yet ready for a whole house letting. Interested to know how others have gone about this.

@Michelle53 Love your gut reaction and I feel the same way.

@Dale711 Thank you for this post. I feel inspired by it and am with you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Salur @Mary996,

You're most welcome!

Wish everyone fully support the great campaign by word of mouth💋  

to restore faith and stayed positive.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Salut Dale. Je suis d'accord avec ca! Spoken about and shared!!

I think we have to claim the organisation and be part of its direction. The major issue currently is an excess of untrained responders on the phones. But this area here, the community,  is helpful to others as some very competant people keep an eye on things  xx

@Mary996 oh ok, looks like Brian just wanted to have fun with the project. That's cool he visits and stays at some of the listings. From hosting point of view whatever issues is happening that day really has an influence on our perspective, and pets have been a hot topic. It would be fun to create a video of some sort though. I've been meaning to look into lighter versions and free alternatives Adobe and such, but that would be a better fit for he personal personal interest  category. Great idea though 🙂  

@John5097 No, it's not Brian: it's a social media influencer. The info is at the beginning of the ad. 

@Alexandra316 ok thanks. I didn't see the info in the first post or in the first youtube video posted. Maybe something in the youtube video description but thought they were host, and  other post said they liked how Brian was alone. My apologies for asking any questions. I'll try not to do it again. 

@Alexandra316 sorry all the negativity confused me in fist few post with vomiting emoji. Appreciate the info on this being YouTube influencers. I can at least use an emoji but will move on to more positive topics. Have a great day! 

@John5097 Definitely not meant in a negative way. Every ad features a different influencer. Not sure who the people are, mind you, because there's no link to their profiles and I'm a very casual IG user, but apparently they were all chosen because Airbnb liked the way they captured their experiences. 

Like I said, overall, I thought the ads were good. Just as a host who's been lobbying for support with hosting pets for a long time, this one was annoying. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Being a dog person, I liked the video. Nowadays it is all about 'feelings' and 'unity' unlike in the distant past when it was all about puro machismo >   https://vimeo.com/428656199  I miss those days. LoL

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

LOL...!! What a cracking image. Amazing. So clearly this is how you drop in and out chez vous Fred??? Loved it! Ok so was it a green screen?

We have replaced the chopper and Bear Grylls nowadays with a very retro boat a'la Miami Vice and with me playing the part of Don Johnson. 😉