Unity is strength

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Unity is strength

Salut Everyone,

Below, is the link to the next campaign film.

I Will Always Love You I Made possible by Host I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/BrgvxO1tFOc

" Inspiring, joyous and hearth touching "" Inspiring, joyous and hearth touching "

In my personal thought?

Assume to help to run The Campaign Successfully, we as a host should be United. Therefore - Made possible by Hosts -

We should forward and shared the campaign films on all the social media with our love once, family, friends and everyone we know.

Encourage them to forward to others and continue to pass on........

However, I have done it's. If we are united then our power will be much stronger. We can show the power of strength.

Unity is strength.

Landslide I Made possible by Hosts I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/5BJdIbwLBlk

Sweet Child O'MineI Made possible by Hosts I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/SIMJKZvNAOA

Forever Young I Made possible by Hosts I Airbnb

https://youtu.be/3oQ721__9yg

Please Click, Like and Share!

63 Replies 63

@Anonymous That looks like a perfect summary. I was more than happy to accommodate someone who claimed to have a support dog. The fact I didn't have any notification at all I wasn't prepared and can't start messaging guest with a bunch of random rules last minute without any notice. Even now I haven't had time to look in to if restricting pets from sleeping on the bed or furniture would be considered discrimination? That would be my highest priority is to improve communication between guest and host regarding pets. This isn't the same as someone going to the coffee shop. The pets need a bed and place to sleep. If guest want to sleep in the same bed with their pet there are plenty of places to accommodate them, but require extra fee for bed spread and cover for furniture. Other host may have some anxiety issues where the additional stress isnt' worth it. There are so many dogs that are "dog aggressive" its simply not a safe environment. Even dog parks have become very dangerous place for people to bring their dogs. I love and admire real support dogs and wish ABB would improve the communication so host like me could also accomidate pets. These are two dogs, Daisy and Cooper,  last week that were lost roaming along the marsh. Thankfully they had tags so I could call the "owner" guardians. Stank but very sweet. 
140566550_4103349733026571_862777458439202642_o.jpg    

BTW my guest with fake service dog, wasn't the best example. If anyone wants to go to that extent to exploit laws designed to prevent discrimination its rare. I don't have video camreas set up all around the house. I think everyone would benefit from improved communication. In the end it will come down to karma anyway. The best I can do it keep looking out for my guest. I would hope anyone with a real service dog would reach out to me so I could provide a bed and anything they may need. If ABB could improve communication I could be even more accommodating.      

@John5097  I'm a dog lover too, and enjoy traveling with mine whenever I can. But as a guest, when traveling around this region, I find that none of the appealing pet-friendly listings is on Airbnb. More often they're on VRBO, which I absolutely hate using as a guest, or a smaller listing service with no 21st century technology. When I've asked what turns them off about Airbnb, the pet issues mentioned above come up a lot, at least the first 3.

This is how Airbnb loses ground to its biggest competitors. Instead of updating their features to attract independent innkeepers who know what's what, they fall back on touchy-feely marketing to lure in a revolving door of malleable amateurs who don't think to peek behind the curtain or read the fine print. 

Salur @John5097,

I've two dogs.I totally agree with you.

"I would like to include a dog bed but at the same time, it's a high-risk place for dogs......so don't want to include rules like dogs have to stay off of bed and furniture as that would encourage bringing dogs to a place that isn't safe for them."

" That would be my highest priority is to improve communication between guest and host regarding pets."

"The pets need a bed and place to sleep"

Airbnb should improve communication and transparency, so more host can safely accommodate dogs. 

@Dale711 

I could never request on my own for guest to send additional fee for anything using a message after they make a reservation. If there is no option for them to click on how many pets and what the fee is I can't include pets. I do instant book and guest like to make a reservartion and be over with it. I would want them to agree to the pet policy rules also or it just wouldn't work out. I don't understand why guest don't have this option to allow their dogs to join them. As a dog owner I would also want to have this straight. As it is now it would be a disaster to try and include dogs and guest would be upset at the lack of functionality with the booking process.  

Salute !! 🤣 🤣🤣

Salut @John5097,

Well Done! Very impressive 👏  👏  👏 

Dear John,

The new badge award to you  "Airbnb Pet-friendly Superhost"

2021, Airbnb Pet - Friendly Superhost , Award Winner - John  in Charleston, SC _ USA2021, Airbnb Pet - Friendly Superhost , Award Winner - John in Charleston, SC _ USA

" Felicitation"

@Dale711 Wow I love it! Thanks so much for always elevating the conversation! It really makes a difference, inspiring and bring out the positive in people! I just summarized some of the other content in the discussion, although that's they way I feel about it also. Its the truth, though, and would be so much fun if we had the ability to better accommodate pets. Thanks for creating this post! Sorry I was a little lost at first.   

@John5097  I noticed the other day that on the Airbnb home page, in the "Pets Allowed" category, the photo is of a dog on the bed on top of a white duvet.

This is the kind of messaging that hosts can really do without, even ones that accept pets. 

@Anonymous  @Sarah977 I'm still a bit overwhelmed with ABB policy. Dogs actually need their own space to decompress. I also wouldn't want guest who don't walk their dogs. The policy seems very irresponsible to me. ABB should improve communication and transparency, so more host can safely accommodate dogs. I guess the old adage, whatever glitters isn't always gold. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Ridiculous  - particularly when in many areas there are restrictions against STRs  particularly for those sharing their home. ( I know @Dale711  you live in a country that allows hostels with multiple shared bedrooms to operate during Covid) 

The last thing I would do is recommend hosting in the current climate if you would be depending on the income.

Salut @Helen3,

With my respect, I understand where you coming from. I hardly think that's the point.

Yet, please kindly to consider in conjunction with support. 🤗

Best,

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Well actually it's exactly the point. They are promoting home share opportunities for new hosts, when hosts in many countries...(expect France it seems as you are still hosting guests who share in dormitory style accommodation with shared facilities) are not able to do STR,  because of lockdown legislation in their country @Dale711

It seems rather strange to say come and hosts with us when many homeshare hosts are banned from doing so by their governments. 

You seem a big fan of Airbnb ad campaigns but I find them rather tone deaf.

@Helen3  @Dale711 And even if home share hosts aren't legally barred from taking bookings, a whole lot of us understand that home-sharing during a pandemic is a ridiculously risky thing to do and is a practice that runs counter to trying to get the infection numbers down.

Tone deaf indeed.

Salut @Sarah977 , @Helen3 ,

Hope It's help for the hearing loss 🤗

To grant a hearing Help !To grant a hearing Help !

Salut @Helen3@Sarah977,

In point of fact, France Hotels, Public transportation, Tabas, Restaurants, Schools...... including Home accommodation are observed the restriction and the guideline of the pandemic.

file:///Users/cool/Downloads/WHO-2019-nCoV-Hotels-2020.3-eng%20(2).pdf

You can also go directly to https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus

to the identification of the strategic.

I roll my eyes unconsciously and concentration on the condition that

" We're all in the same boat "  

Click like & share ! " Make IT Possible by Host"  https://youtu.be/SIMJKZvNAOAClick like & share ! " Make IT Possible by Host" https://youtu.be/SIMJKZvNAOAWishing all Airbnb hosts believe in the Campaign, same as the title

" Make possible by Hosts "