Unknown guests

Jana131
Level 1
New York, United States

Unknown guests

Hi, i am a new host and would appreciate some info regarding unknown persons in my rental. Basically, i rented my space to two girls for the weekend, but now they are nowhere to be found and the persons in the apartment are not the girls that made the reservation. What are my options?

Thanks 

4 Replies 4
Steve2743
Level 10
Calgary, Canada

Have you talked to the person in the apartment, or the kne who booked? I've had, for example, a husband book for his wife because they usually travel together, and don't want to create a second account, but usually people are upfront about that. I'd suggest maybe getting on the phone with Airbnb, and explaining the situation .

Steve
Rebecca160
Level 10
Albuquerque, NM

@Jana131 Call Airbnb now. If you did not know these people would be there then they have no right to be there. 

So sorry that this happened.

Khamidulla0
Level 1
Tashkent, Uzbekistan

This has happened to me yesterday. 
Calling AIRBNB right now, will get back with results 

Brittani7
Level 4
Florida, US

The best way to avoid these situations are to make sure you know as much as you can about their booking and trip.  When a guest books with me, I always ask what is their ETA? How many people will be with you?  And what is your reason for coming to the area? Work, Vacation, family, ect...?

Sometimes guests won't correctly mark how many people are in the group.  If they tell you three people will be coming but they only booked for two, you can update their booking to say three guests.  This is particularly important if you charge for extra guests.