Unlisted property constantly being modified

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Unlisted property constantly being modified

I wonder if anyone knows an answer to this: I have an unlisted property. If you go to listings, the column on the right is "last modified". For this property it usually shows modified today or within the last couple of days. It has been unlisted for over a year, not connected to channel manager, no new reviews. All of my other unlisted properties were last modified on Jan. 17

8 Replies 8
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Inna22 So strange. What does your activity log show?

@Colleen253 where do I find the activity log?

@Inna22 Accessed from your profile/account.

@Colleen253 do you mean log in info? To see if anyone else is logging into my account?

@Inna22 From desktop (not app) in the top right hand corner, I can click my profile picture and get a drop down that includes ‘activity’ which shows all the daily activity on my listings, such as any changes I’ve made, bookings requests etc. You can filter and search by date/listing/user. Underneath each entry,  it shows who initiated the activity. For instance, any changes I make show my name. If a booking comes in, it shows the guests name.

@Colleen253 thank you, I do not think I have ever clicked on that. It does not show any activity for this listing and it continues to refresh daily. It also shows that I change my listing names every other day and I have not changed that one in a year. I guess this is not a very accurate record

@Inna22 No it's not accurate. I make updates all the time, usually to booking settings, description or sometimes price, but the activity log always says I've changed my listing title, along with those other things. So now we (sort of) know why your one inactive listing says it's being modified daily. Unnerving.  I had a situation recently where Airbnb missed charging tax to a guest (I have to file and submit this tax myself. Airbnb doesn't do it for me, so it matters), and they told me that it was my fault - that the activity log showed I had made changes to my listing that day, and that I must have turned tax off (!!).  Which was incorrect. They initially said I'd have to go back to the guest and request the tax, but they then backtracked and admitted it was a platform glitch. The point is, the activity log cannot be trusted to be accurate, and can obviously be manipulated by Airbnb.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Inna22  Sounds to me like just more of Airbnb's poor programming.