Unplanned water outage, what to do?

Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Unplanned water outage, what to do?

I've got 6 students in my place now sitting exams and I just found out that Kuala Lumpur is going to have a water outage, again. It says it's going to last 3 1/2 days and from previous experience their times are relatively accurate. The outage is smack in the middle of their stay.  I have 3 large storage buckets I have at my house for me and my wife and that's more than enough but I don't know how many they'd even need at their condo. I also have to think about drinking water. I'm at a loss here. Any ideas?

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2019/07/16/water-cut-more-than-3-million-to-be-affected-betwe...

2 Replies 2
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

When I deal periodically with weather/flood issues here, @Jim472 , I find the best thing is to immediately make the guests part of the process. Send them the article link, talk about your experiences with these outages. See if you can work out with them how many buckets they will need, how much drinking water, etc.  

I feel for you, having to deal with this. Feeling for them, too. High stress time, writing exams, and no water. 

Will you let us know what you end up doing, and how (hopefully!) wonderful they are about it? 

Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I'm lucky they're Malaysian so they're use to it. It happened late last year and I actually had to have airbnb cancel a French families stay.