Update: New Cover Photo Collage Layout

Update: New Cover Photo Collage Layout

New Cover Image layout.New Cover Image layout.

Hey hosts,

There has been a change in the Cover Photo Preview on your listing page.

Earlier only the main cover image was shown, but now a Collage of the first 5 photos is shown.

I love this change. Ideally, you should try to showcase any of the following in the 5 pictures:

1. The Bedroom (most important)

2. The Common areas (Drawing room, Kitchen, Dining room, etc.)

3. The View from the Balcony/Terrace, etc.

4. The Exterior of the House/Surrounding

5. The Washroom

6. Additional Amenities (Breakfast, Parking, etc.)

I hope this post helps you. If you have updated the order of your lisitng photos, share a screenshot of your cover photo space layout below in the comments.

Cheers!

33 Replies 33
Helen267
Level 10
St. Andrews, United Kingdom

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 22.38.39.png

I like it.

Elle52
Level 2
Cedar Rapids, IA

I'm so glad I happened upon this thread!  I just changed my photo order!  Thanks, everyone!

#StayTranquil
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I like the new layout too. I also had to clear my cookies and cache before it appeared on my screen and now I've reordered the photos too. I'm not sure if I'm happy with it yet, so will probably keep tweeking! I wonder if it's better to show some detail shots rather than pictures of whole rooms in photos 2-5 because they appear so small on the screen.

preview1.jpg

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Here's another:

preview2.jpg

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

For some reason I can't seem to save the changes to the photo order in my third listing. It just keeps reverting back to how it was before. I have no idea why as it worked fine on the other two! Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, I'm having multiple issues moving photos around and editing captions.  VERY SLUGGISH or non responsive.  I finally gave up 2 weeks ago thinking it was their website.  Tried again today from a different computer in my office which has fast upload speeds and still the same issue. 

Irahaj0
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Nice sharing. Thanks Jeet !!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Thanks for the heads up as like other hosts, I had no idea of this change.  I think the quick look has its advantages and certainly a host can arrange the pictures to provide a good snap shot.  Without realizing this change had occurred my picture arrangement was not the best for a snap shot collage.  I had arranged my pictures to tell a story of the private and shared spaces.  For the collage, I highlighted the most important aspect of the private/shared space along with a beautiful sunrise shot. The combination is more pleasing to the eye I think.

This type of heads up information is one of the best reasons for participating in this CC.  Thanks again!!

JB6
Level 4
Johnson City, TX

Thanks for the information and the suggestions; took a little bit of work, but I love the way the photos are now laid out.  Much more informative, and helpful both as a guest and a host.   Of course, now I'll want to go back and think about the photos I've already taken....2018-10-11 AirBnB CK Layout.JPG

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your photos are looking really great @JB6. The red looks so striking (I love that the microwave also fits the theme) 🙂 

I think you should be very pleased with your work here. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sandie14
Level 2
St. Louis, MO

Editing the photos on my listing has been really difficult.  If I want to move photos towards the top, it is either non-responsive or extremely sluggish and occasionally it glides into place.  I am a Realtor who deals with uploading photos routinely and I don't have issues with uploads.  This is ridiculously slow --doesn't matter which computer I'm on --work or home.  Anyone else? 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Very nice feature. This was a pleasant surprise.

This drives me nuts. I like the feature but -- BUT -- I have 25 photos in sequential order as you move through the apartment. To move five photos forward makes no sense. Airbnb should allow us to "flag" five photos for the montage.

Gosh I wish they would query hosts BEFORE they do things like this so our ideas can be incorporated into the coding.   Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

I'm on high speed internet and the program to allow me to move photos keeps freezing. (add grumble here)

I like the collage feature and your idea is genius!  For a reason I do not understand, drag to move photos is not that easy and doesn't really work.  Thanks, Christine!

I totally agree, Christine; it makes no sense to have to rearrange all your photos so that the right ones show up in the montage. That is really stupid. As you say, one should be able to flag the ones that show up on the cover page. I also hate the random way the photos in the montage are cropped; now the most important part of the photo is missing. I'm not sure whether there is any way to center the montage photos correctly.