Update: New Cover Photo Collage Layout

Update: New Cover Photo Collage Layout

New Cover Image layout.New Cover Image layout.

Hey hosts,

There has been a change in the Cover Photo Preview on your listing page.

Earlier only the main cover image was shown, but now a Collage of the first 5 photos is shown.

I love this change. Ideally, you should try to showcase any of the following in the 5 pictures:

1. The Bedroom (most important)

2. The Common areas (Drawing room, Kitchen, Dining room, etc.)

3. The View from the Balcony/Terrace, etc.

4. The Exterior of the House/Surrounding

5. The Washroom

6. Additional Amenities (Breakfast, Parking, etc.)

I hope this post helps you. If you have updated the order of your lisitng photos, share a screenshot of your cover photo space layout below in the comments.

Cheers!

33 Replies 33
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Jeet0  I posted about this the day it started to give everyone a heads up to change the order of their photo's to showcase the top 5. I also do like the new layout, but I would have preferred to have been given a heads up about it. 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Has-everyone-seen-the-new-listing-page-photo-layout-with...

Hey Letti, thanks for sharing your post. I agree and early heads up helps. As far as I remember, Airbnb had sent a notification email before making the change. But I may be mistaken. My memory is challenging me these days. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow, @Jeet0 your listing is looking great. I hope you are good. 🙂

It is fantastic, you like the photo layout. 

Thanks for sharing what you think should be included in the first 5 photos. Did it take you much time, trying this out before concluding this?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie. I have used Getty Images for this post instead of using images from my own listing as I don’t have proper professional photos yet 🙂

It didn’t take much time though. Just some moving around. Trial and Error. 

I’ve been good. Hope you’ve been great too 🙂

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie I  don't see this on my listing so presumably it is not yet happening here.  I have not seen any notification from Airbnb about this, and given that this is potentially such a major update, I would have thought it courteous for them to provide some sort of notification.  

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Rachel0

Yeah, no alteration on my listing as yet, although I do appreciate the advice @Letti0 and @Jeet0 have given. I will keep an eye on my listing and when the changes hit here I will move my best photos around to take advantage of the new layout!

Cheers.....Rob

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Jeet0,  

Thank you for the new photo layout.  

Thanks,  

Miloud

Salute Miloud!

The new layout is actually being provided by Airbnb. So thanks to them 🙂

Julie660
Level 4
Rockford, IL

How do we enable the new layout?  I don't see it as an option.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Julie660  You don't enable it. It just shows up. Here's your one listing:

Screenshot (200).png

Thank you so much @Letti0 When I look at it, it doesn't look like that, not sure why, but i do like it.  THanks for showing me.

@Julie660  You need to clear your cookie and cache if you are not seeing the updated look. 

Julie660
Level 4
Rockford, IL

Thank you so much @Letti0  I followed your instructions and yes, now I do see it.  Thanks again.  Julie

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

I wonder if it is in the testing version? One day I can see new layout and another day no. And in my opinion it will be a bit difficult to organize all pictures logically.