Update review within 48 hours

Caroline210
Level 2
West Covina, CA

Update review within 48 hours

I heard that we can update review within 48 hours as long as the guest does not write review yet, but I could not figure out how to do it.

The guests had minimum communication with me and did not bother me at all during their stay despite I sent daily messages asking them for their needs. This kept me worried, since I am the type of host who tries to accommodate all hosts' reasonable needs. But I went through the house briefly after they checked out on Sunday morning and found the house was kept clean and nothing was damaged/lost, I were happy and immediately wrote a very nice review.

However, when I cleaned up the house yesterday, I found that all 8 beds had been used while they were only booked for 5 ( extra charge for more). Also while they did say everything is perfect and thank me for being so hospitable, they did not write review or respond to my messages after checkout.

Now I see that the lack of communication is sort of weird and I would like to alert other hosts on their strange behavior. But I do not know how to update my review. Appreciate any thoughts!

3 Replies 3
Caroline210
Level 2
West Covina, CA

The guest booked through IB (I set up the IB requirement as Rated high by other hosts). She has been member since 2014, has only 1 review without any words. I am worried.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Caroline210,

When I typed "review" in the "Help" menu search box one of the results was

Can I edit a review I wrote?

Steve.

Judy29
Level 9
Brant, Canada

I too have experience this.  I contacted the guests before writing a review and mentioned that extra guests are extra charge.  Then called Airbnb who intervene with guests.  I hate writting a review now especially with a 48 hour time limit.  It took days to figure out that stains on the wall (that I CANNOT remove yet) were body oils and/or red wine.  I refer to these as "Ghost Stains".The guests that stayed after them notice it too and complained that the walls were stained and wanted me to know they were NOT responsible.  I reassured them that they were not and had to apologize.  As we have 100% turnaround, it is difficult to paint walls that fast.  I want to rewrite the review for these people who gave me a 3 for cleanliness and they caused the issue. BTW these guests were stoned on coke and drunk for two days...evidence was everywhere.   White wine stains on the carpets takes days, sometimes weeks, to appear.

We take cleanliness extremely seriously and I am embarrassed when a guests suggests otherwise.  Call Airbnb with your concerns.  I do and I am sure that are sick of hearing from me.  I keep challenging this review policy.  As a host, we offer the very best and try hard to please everyone...and it just doesnt work. 

I have just recently discovered the star ratings from my reviews.  Shocking to say the least that the dirty guests complain about cleanliness.  Even surprised by the "value" rating from those who compair hotel room to a complete two bdrm house.  Do these people not pay for taxes, rent, maintenance where they come from?