Updated screenshots from guest UI?

David-Erik0
Level 6
Berlin, DE

Updated screenshots from guest UI?

Hello, 

sometime is happened that I needed to see what actually guests see on their user interface, after a booking is instantly confirmed, confirmed or how it looks when the guest send a booking request, especially for the booking request, because a large number of guests give for granted that the booking request is confirmed, like if the passage accept/decline does not exist. 

I've found an online screenshot:
https://www.thetravelmentor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/airbnb_payment.jpg

Unfortunately is dated 2016 and I was wondering if the UI is changed, especially for the information provided because from the screenshot, I can just confirm how much *nice* is the vast majority of guests. All the information that usually are ignored by guests and provided in the listing are also here in this screen. 

From the notice that a guest as 24 hour to answer back, to the fact that the booking is not confirmed yet, the questions to which sometime they do not answers and infamous rules of the house. 

So anyone can confirm that for booking request this is still the screen?
ty!

10 Replies 10
Kira32
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

Hi David Erik,

Thank you for the screen shot. I have never seen how it looks like when guests book!

Kira

Anne1036
Level 5
Ballinakill, Ireland

David, thanks very much for adding this screens hot.  I'm unsure as to how that part of the booking process currently appears to guests as I have not made a booking for almost a year. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@David-Erik0, if you click request to book on any listing you can walk through the steps without actually completing the last step where you would send the request to the host. I just went through it on your listing.

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 8.06.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 8.07.37 PM.png

David-Erik0
Level 6
Berlin, DE

@Emilia42  lol you are right, I didn't have thought about it 🙂 however if this is the new UI, it sucks compared with the other, there are the questions but the relevant parts such as:

+more botton for the rules of the house
- the statement "you will be only charged if your request is accepted by the host, they'll have 24 hours to accept or decline.

seems to be missing

----

@Kira32 @Anne1036 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Emilia42 Wow, that whole thing about "Introduce yourself" is long gone.  And under "Review house rules" - where are they?  All you get is "no smoke or carbon monoxide detectors."  Not very welcoming, and certainly not the host's carefully considered house rules!

Seeing these two screenshots side by side gives credence to the widespread belief that things have really changed.

It also goes a long way toward explaining why we're getting so much less information from guests.

If I were a guest reading this, I wouldn't feel it necessary to say too much, would you?

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Ann72, there is more to the page but you need to scroll so I couldn't capture it without taking two screen shots per page and there are technically 3 pages. House rules are still there to "accept" but you do have to click on more to view them all.  And the introduce yourself is on page two at the bottom. I'm not sure how it looks on a phone. I assume must people would be booking on phone, at least that is what Airbnb says people are doing. If it's a long process on a tiny phone screen I can see how people would rush through it.

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 8.07.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-02 at 8.07.46 PM.png

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Emilia42  I see.  I guess I did have to do that when I booked an Airbnb in March .

Is this what you see after you've entered dates and hit "Book (You won't be charged yet)" at the bottom?  

David-Erik0
Level 6
Berlin, DE

@Emilia42  
[...]House rules are still there to "accept" but you do have to click on more to view them all

lol an improvement for the UX of the guest but on the shoulders of the host, awesome:D

David-Erik0
Level 6
Berlin, DE

Ok, I have found a video on youtube made in December 2018 from which I have took the screenshot and deleted the address of the house (perhaps someone should inform the host that his house address is not anymore a secret on utube).

- The host didn't have set the welcoming message, that's why probably is missing. 
- It's also an instant booking I guess, because it's confirmed right away. 
- The manually written rules of the house, does not appear as @Emilia42  was saying.
- The guest doesn't neet do go in the trip menu as the itinerary can be seen from there, which in my case just annoy me when I think to all of those who arrive without buzz name and street address.

@Ann72 @Anne1036 @Kira32 

step 1step 1step 2step 2step 3step 3step 4step 4step 5step 5step 6step 6step 7step 7step 8step 8