Upgrade extras, hosting in Italy

Elize7
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Upgrade extras, hosting in Italy

Good morning

I have 3 diverse questions:

1. Are there any hosts in Italy who would be interested for me to host their property on their behalf in May or June?
    Otherwise maybe a house swop with our place (Camps Bay, Cape Town) and a place in Italy in May 2022?
  2. I would like to know what good extra’s to add for Digital Nomads. I read on the forum about games and books but they never get used. We offer fast wifi and can increase it and there is a coffee machine, beach bats and a cooler bag for the beach.
  3. If you are a management company and host a few different properties. Is it better for your profile to be your personal name or company name? Which would improve bookings?

Thanking you in advance for your help!

Regards

Elize

1 Reply 1
Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

Digital nomads:

In Silicon Valley (Northern California, USA), a "digital nomad" is a person or family that is able to "work from home" or do "distance learning" online and therefore stay longer term in more exotic/rural/distant locations.

Our family has spent much of the past 2 years working from home & doing distance learning and the amenities we offer at our listing are designed with this in mind. Here are the most important amenities to us:

1. Super stable WiFi. Even more than a purported speed, STABILITY is key for video conferences and calls. We are lucky to be able to offer business-level fiberoptic cable in our more rural location, which is very rare. But this really depends on what is available in your area.

2. Desks & work surfaces, especially in rooms with a door that can close if possible. We often have 5 different lectures/meetings/calls happening in our family during the days. Cross-talk is no fun for anyone.  Curtains or screens can also separate space if enclosing a room isn't possible, but I wouldn't go too far out of my way for this. I've heard of people even offering monitors, computers or headsets. Any digital nomads will have their own equipment. Don't bother.

3. Well-stocked kitchen. We offer spices, which is nice, but not necessary by any means. Each person/family has their own preferences and this varies by region, but we made sure to have pots & pans, baking sheets, olive oil, salt/pepper, plates, bowls, glasses & mugs, eating & cooking utensils (spatulas, wisks, wooden spoons) coffee maker, toaster, microwave (necessity in US, but not in other countries). Nice to have: blender, mixer, kettle. A BBQ is often specifically searched for by our guests.

4. Window coverings- (preferably black-out). These cut the glare on screens and if you have people traveling in from other time zones, this is a must-have and pretty affordable as well.

5. Air conditioning is very rare in our area, but many digital nomads, especially Americans, are used to it and even expect it (even though Americans of a certain age actually hate it). My favorite solution for this is mini splits by Japanese manufacturers, which will actually heat and cool. We have had guests specifically book with us for this amenity. People who work or study from home spend much more time indoors and prefer it to be a comfortable temperature. 

Hope this helps!I