Urgent Advice please: Guest threatening action due to negative review

Shou-Kee0
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Urgent Advice please: Guest threatening action due to negative review

Hi fellow hosts, am back here again to pick your brains and seek advice please.

Unfortunately I got a guest group whom I found was quite difficult and thus very unpleasant to host after my past months doing this. In feedback i had left a negative review of the experience especially after leaving my property quite untidy despite them picking on my cleanliness in the first place, with some other issues too.

3 weeks after they have checked out she has now texted me personally outwith airbnb saying it was untruthful, spiteful and libellous too, and threatened further action against me. Although my review was not exactly a coldhearted fact finding case report for example, I stand by my words me having personally cleaning and inspecting the flat after each checkout.

Do I have to worry about anything? And also do you think I should take any measures just now in response for that? Have not replied her yet lest I fuel the situation even worse... would informing Airbnb support be a good idea too?

Sorry about this but its really upsetting and I had hoped this could be a closed chapter a long time ago....

Cheers

Shou Kee

6 Replies 6
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Shou-Kee0

Block her number on your phione and also find her profile and report her threat to AirBnB. Get in first before she does.

Okay sure thank you so much for your speedy feedback and advice.

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Shou-Kee0

sounds like they are setting you up to bully you into a possible refund.

as @Gerry-And-Rashid0 suggests block and report immediately

Shou-Kee0
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

She had already done that during the stay. My cohost noted afterwards that she was going to be quite difficult and true enough.

Indeed thank you so much have done as advised

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Shou-Kee0

Follow @Gerry-And-Rashid0 's advice.

Keep everything on the airbnb app or text, so you have a paper trail.

Now,  breathe and relax. You have done nothing wrong.

She cannot do anything to you.

While she could sue you, she has agreed to the Airbnb review system. You have not lied or harassed her (At least I hope you haven't...) 

Shou-Kee0
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Yes will do. I avoid conversing over phone for that reason, and take pictures if I can. Fingers crossed.... i have not lied (i have a reputation to uphold and duty to guests too) and never harrassed her. She has initiated all the complaints and this too.