Using your own home as Air BNB

Heidi300
Level 1
Cambridge, New Zealand

Using your own home as Air BNB

Hi I’m new to this and I have my first guests coming in next weekend. What to you put away/leave out when they come to stay?  The have my entire house. 

Cheers

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Heidi300,

If your guests booked the entire house, they can use everything what is in it. So if you don't want them to use specific items, you will have to remove them or make them unaccessable.

Best regards,

Emiel

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Heidi300 Hello, so you list secluded --- will you be nearby or have someone checking on your place while your guests are there? I hope so - as your price goes up with each guests and folks will not want to pay more so they might say 2 and 5 show up. 

Also, anything you value, treasure or care about you might want to put away/lock up or put away in storage. I've read that guests will break locks to get into rooms and go through everything.

so anything private should not be in the house. Putting signs to keep out or such are a joke - cause they will certainly want to check that out. Some people will be great and respectful but there are those that do as they please.

They will use anything that is in the house. Make an inventory list and take photos before the guests comes. Just an idea.

hope it all goes great and happy hosting, Clara 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You are allowing virtual strangers in your home, right?  @Heidi300 I hope these are seasoned Air BNB travelers with multiple good reviews.  It would be important for you or someone you trust to be quickly available in case there are issues or complaints.  Proably should remove valuable or sentimental items.  If you can have a door camera synched with your phone, that would be helpful to confirm the guest is following your rules and expectations.  Good luck!

Yun8
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi @Heidi300

You have a beautiful home!

To answer your question, you may find the following thread helpful to draw ideas from:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/What-s-on-your-pre-check-in-checklist/m-p/756530