Vacation Rental Ban Douglas County NV Fall 2022 Vote

Vacation Rental Ban Douglas County NV Fall 2022 Vote

Douglas County NV will be voting this fall 2022 to decide if Vacation Rentals will be Banned In Douglas County NV impacting Lake Tahoe.   This ban would have devastating economic impact on vacation rentals and the entire community in Lake Tahoe including retail, small business, investors, homeowners, and the entire Lake Tahoe Community and beyond.  Those who want to be part of the advocacy for Lake Tahoe and the Entire Hosting Community should keep abreast of the meeting and plan to have your voice heard.  Powerful forces wish to remove all or some of the Vacation Rentals in Douglas County NV without a strong response supporting them they will be lost.  As you hosts know vacation rentals are a very different market than serving guests staying in hotels. We do not compete with Hotels.  The Tahoe Tourism Industry needs both .  Not one type of lodging at the expense of the other. We hosts support individuals, families, groups, hosts, and guests who value and desire to have the vacation rental experience.  We often provide access to people who would or could not have access to this type of experience. We support Homeowners who rely on the income to live, the businesses who rely on the sales and income, the county who relies on the tot tax. We make a great impact and play vital roles on many levels to support our communities in Tahoe, throughout our Country and beyond.  We must stand together this trend will not end in Tahoe.

4 Replies 4
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Michelle1814 , I can't imagine how nerve-wracking this situation must be for you.

It might be easier to find local support in one of the Host Clubs in your area. I can see there's one for Tahoe Area so this topic might be discussed there as well. You can find and join the Host Clubs here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Get-Local/ct-p/en_clubs

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi Sybe, thank you for your response.  Would you be able to pass along the specific group of Airbnb hosts in South Lake Tahoe that have a group on Facebook?  Thank you for your help.  Warmest Regards, Michelle Mayne

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Michelle1814 The link on the Host Clubs overview goes to this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1185344538581562

I hope that helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

I’d like to help support you all in Douglas County in keeping our Air B n B’s open.  I would anticipate Washoe County to follow whatever course that Douglas County is going and that may have a negative effect on us hosts.