Vaccination

Answered!
Zephyr0
Level 6
Monterey, CA

Vaccination

Is anyone asking their guests if they are vaccinated?

1 Best Answer
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

For guest arriving from a high incidence country to a shared space in Germany it’s relevant to know the Covid status:

• Vaccinated or Recovered => ok.
  • Just negative test = minimum 5 days quarantine

That’s the reason why we ask.

View Best Answer in original post

26 Replies 26
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Zephyr0 We are not. Are you talking Polio, Flu , TB or Covid vaccination?

Mike and Jane0 Is this a joke?

@Zephyr0 Not a joke at all. I was wondering if you cared about killers like yellow fever etc?

As an international traveler arriving from a yellow fever area, I would have to produce my shot record showing my inoculations. 

@Zephyr0  Why would your guests' vaccination status be relevant, when you're listing an Entire Home property and signed on to the "enhanced cleaning" pledge?

Because of the rise in covid cases and the delta variant. 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Zephyr0,

Yes, we have to ask in accordance with our certification from the St. Lucia Ministry of Tourism.  Our guesthouse is certified to accept only fully vaccinated guests, even in the wholly self-contained two bedroom apartment.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

For guest arriving from a high incidence country to a shared space in Germany it’s relevant to know the Covid status:

• Vaccinated or Recovered => ok.
  • Just negative test = minimum 5 days quarantine

That’s the reason why we ask.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Zephyr0 yes, our house rules stipulate that all guests must be vaccinated and we reserve the right to require proof.

Cancel.  Answered my own question 

Lisa, thank you, I am now going to put it in my‘house rules’.

@Lisa723 what has been your experience so far with your house rules stipulating guests must be vaccinated? Have you ever asked for proof? Has it resulted in any uncomfortable or awkward situations? Have you lost any bookings or have you had any pushback that has made you feel unsafe? Thank you for your comments in this forum.

@Amy218 So far, we have not asked for proof. It has not resulted in any uncomfortable or awkward situations, or pushback that has made us feel unsafe. We've had one guest ask whether we would accept negative test results instead (no), who did not book, and another who canceled. Of course we do not know how many decided not to book with us, but since demand far exceeds supply in our location we have no problem staying fully booked with guests who agree to the requirement. Guests also have the reassurance of knowing our cleaners are fully vaccinated.

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

I welcome guests who are not vaccinated. **

**[content hidden due to its unverifiable or misleading nature]