Verification of Guests online

Shanty0
Level 1
Gurugram, India

Verification of Guests online

Hello! I've been trying to verify my guests online but am unable to do so properly. Can someone tell me how exactly can i confirm the guests by verifying them online?

5 Replies 5
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi

You do not verify the guests.

Airbnb will do the verification.

When you click on the guest picture, you should see the verifications, something like this:Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 17.39.35.png

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Shanty0

The guest profile will also have the green verified badge.

I am new to hosting.  A guest wants to reserve for next week and I pre approved based on the great conversations we've had thru email.  She is new to Air bnb also.  There is not a photo of her, and all they show for verification is email address and phone #.  Will Air bnb require a photo id before she can make the reservation, and if so, will it be posted?  Thanks.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Kelly--And-Scott-0

If you preapprove, you give the guest the option to book instantly.  Without any verification or photo on the profile, you may not be comfortable with that ? You do have the option to remove the pre-approval.

Make sure your booking settings are in line with what you require from your guests - if you want guests to be fully verified with a government ID, you need to make sure your booking requirement settings reflect this.

Thank you so much for replying.  I will get the swing of this soon, I am sure.  I do not have instant booking on my settings because I do not want that.  But, this person is brand new to Air bnb as we are, so I am just wondering if Air bnb requires a photo before you can be involved.  We are not only new to air bnb as a host, but we've never stayed at an air bnb either, so we are true novices.   Air Bnb says she is verified with phone # and email address....but is that enough?  I thought people had to give Air bnb a photo ID. I feel totally safe with her, because she is female for one, but also she says she used to live in the area and gives credence to that fact by several comments.  She is coming alone for business reasons, which gives me comfort also.  Thanks again for your reply.