Verified Guest with unverified companion

Scott355
Level 1
Bonsack, VA

Verified Guest with unverified companion

Given the improvement in AirBnB guest verification, I have only one concern. Some of my verified guests are traveling with a companion who is not identified or verified. Most bookings have been without concern, but how does a Host require that all guests have a verified profile? I have three rooms that allow two guests and many times only one profile books the room. I also have the entire house ( 4 rooms ) available and would like to know more about the entourage. 

2 Replies 2
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Scott355 There is no easy, automated way to go about this: you would need to put it in your house rules, then if all guests weren't verified, you'd have to ask that everyone get verified after the booking was complete.

I think this might be a hard sell to potential guests. Usually, only the person completing the booking needs to be verified.

Merlyn5
Level 4
Montesano, WA

This issue of the second guest being unverified has been my most frustrating issue with the Airbnb reservation process. As one of my house rules I have listed that all guests must be listed by name and verified with government ID prior to the arrival date. On several instances I've spent hours communication with the original, verified, booking guest trying to help them figure out how to add their partner to the reservation. I have found that most guests assume that once they've clicked the 2 guest option in the drop down menu they have completed the reservation requirements. I usually send them a message asking them to please adjust their reservation and add their 2nd guest by name and tell them the app will prompt them to download their ID as well. If they can't or don't change it in the reservation itinerary, I at least ask for the full name of the person in the messaging thread, (at least I've got something in writing, but I'm not sure if it would hold up in the court of law.)